".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

Options

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Holiday sorted, much cheaper as a down grade on accommodation (no hot tub :rotfl:) but the dates changed and a refund given which is great considering I had a outstanding balance to pay today :T even remembered to book a cot :rotfl: feels strange that we will have a baby again :o

Animals booked in to be looked after and Mr H updated on the change of plan....

Master H wants a visual timetable counting down to his birth in September :rotfl: think he feels he is missing out as Superman has them for every occasion.... will set Mr H off and that, I usually draw them but I'm sure his IT skills can run to a template... may happen sometime next year along with my laptop :o:o
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,302 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am plodding on thanks :)

Glad you got the holiday sorted out.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Great news on the holiday change :T.

Hope the kids all had a good first day back Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    well what can I say about the last few weeks..... hellish? horrendous? horrible? hectic? All the fore-mentioned!

Where to start! Missy H poorly, emergency surgery, hospital stay.....currently still recovering but thankfully on the mend.

I managed to get Superman's DLA renew completed and posted of, not the anxious wait to see [STRIKE]if they stuff it up[/STRIKE] if they sort it out. Really took it out of me emotionally filling in those blinking forms. We are a glass half full kind of approach with out beloved Superman. We look back at how far he has come yet these forms smack us in the face with just how far he still has to go :( fingers crossed it goes through smoothly and we don't have to go to appeal. The same afternoon as I posted them Missy H's renewal pack fell on to the door mat. I've shoved it in a draw and am ignoring it for now, we have a few months before hers needs doing - if we do in fact do it at all. She's been doing well recently ( well before the surgery) and we are really happy with her progress.

Midwife visited, all going well - I don't have gestational diabetes even though they insist on testing me every pregnancy due to family history :cool: They gave me some forms for healthy start vouchers so posted them off.

It seems that stepchange have finally sorted the problem out with the mix up of client reference numbers, however they just don't seem to communicate very well as they wrote to me saying my payments are being returned and my creditor is rejecting all my payments :eek: When I rang them to find out whats going on no one really knew. Took 3 phone calls to work out the letter was a mistake and the returned payments are for the other client that has been paying under the wrong number :cool: So I pulled the plugged. cancelled my DMP and have sent off letters to my 3 creditors explaining I will self manage on the same terms/payments they currently get. waiting to hear back from them but have unplugged the house phone in the meantime to avoid any calls :o no one rings it anyway but just to be sure :rotfl:

I have a list of things to save for :o seems to be getting longer and some of the items I've been talking about for 2-3 years now :cool: and just haven't gotten around to sorting them out.

• Bunk beds for Master H - keep looking on the selling pages but they've always sold by the time I see them!
    • new mattress' for all but superman
    • garden table and chairs - been looking for a sale bargain for 2-3 years but then say "I'll sort it next year" ours really is on it's last legs now :(
    • new car :eek: thats the biggie we need 7 seats :eek:
    Mr H says my laptop needs some new parts, they will be £15 but no guarantees they will defiantly fix the problem and they are non-returnable :cool: I've told him to hold off - I've used Superman's Pc the handful of times I've been online other than my phone. Just means I'm not doing any surveys and they were really helping boost the spendings/savings pots. Sigh.

Letter home from school for the boys for school trips coming up.... £22 in total.... all pay out! pay out! pay out at the minute!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,302 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad Missy H is now on the mend.
    Still worth doing the DLA renewal i think.
    Well done on doing Master H's DLA forms.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    You are such a trouper.

Much love Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    ..............:j:j:j:j Mr H has fixed my poor old battered laptop :T:T:T:T

Hitchhiker requires my full attention ...... be back to update!
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Well what can I say?! its all a mixed bag here.....

Hitchhiker arrived safe and well and we are all totally smitten! Time is flying by too fast though and they have already lost their "newness"....it's been a bumpy few weeks but we are out the other side and the path feels smoother!

Money wise things are all in a pickle :( not really sure how or why but there just never seems to be enough to go round. Summer we have penny pinched all holidays and not ventured far..... mostly down to new baby exhaustion and little hinge's longing for PS4 and pants but money did play a factor. We've scraped through back to school uniforms in a fashion but still have some bits to buy..... missy H needs a new pe hoodie £27 :eek: and needs measuring for new bras. Superman needs a new rain coat, 2 jumpers and will need some new plimmies and shoes for winter. Master H has been saddled with supermans handme downs from the loft :o to be far superman spent most of his time at that age naked so they are like brand new :rotfl::rotfl:

They have all turned another year older with birthdays and we managed with bargains to give them mostly what they had on their wish lists. The attention turns to christmas as I haven't a thing in the present cupboard and I'm usually finished by now!

Missy H is shattered from her first week back at school - her temper and attitude shows that much :cool: Superman is bouncing off the walls - new class, building, teacher and lsa so all changed :eek: he is feeling rather sorry for himself. Master H has scored the best with great teacher and all his mates!

Warm home grant email pinged in my inbox so thats all done and applied for.... get those application forms in early guys!

I'm making the most of been pinned to the sofa with a boobing baby and have made £20+ today on surveys :T hoping it will boost the christmas present pot :o

Hope all is well in MSE land, I hope toget our finances back on track so you will be hearing more from me over the coming months :D

Miss you all!

Mrs H x
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great to hear from you, so pleased that the latest addition has arrived safely. I am sure that you will soon get the finances back on track, you are a past master at it:D:D

Hope that the new stuff soon settles down for Missy H and Superman, it must be so hard for them.

Take care of you too,
    xxx
    MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Great to hear from you, so pleased that the latest addition has arrived safely. I am sure that you will soon get the finances back on track, you are a past master at it:D:D

Hope that the new stuff soon settles down for Missy H and Superman, it must be so hard for them.

Take care of you too,
    xxx
    MM

So lovely to hear from you Maddie! Hope this warmer weather has relieved some of your aching joints and that you have enjoyed much time in your caravan this summer! All well at MM towers?

Missy H is just having a blip - it happens, back to school and during growing! Meds tweaking and good sleep hygiene but try telling a stroppy teenager to go to bed at a reasonable time :eek: Mr H turned off her wifi to avoid needed a crow bar to get her out of bed! We are currently in a battle with the delights that is DWP, apparently she is not disabled enough to keep her DLA on review :cool: we've been here before! Another long wait and a constant battle. Le sigh!

Superman barely slept a wink last night - delightful when your newborn sleeps better then your 10 year old :( he is very emotional and feels sad! At least he is expressing some emotion rather than me scraping him off the walls when hes ran in to them at 100 mph!

Baby Hinge is just grand :D he has the most amazing facial expressions and his smile just makes my heart melt :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family