2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, his Dad finally stopped texting me about 4pm, after he said "ds just needs to grow up" ... I won't reply to him, he just doesn't have a clue. It makes me sad to realise how little he knows about his own child :(

So I moved the hedgehog back outside earlier, I've just had a quick peek outside and the straw that he'd covered the doorway to his house with has been moved, so he's obviously gone out for the evening :T :T I've put fresh water and food out for him, hopefully he'll be okay now :D

Fish pie was yummy and Mum managed to eat quite a bit of it too :T Tomorrow ds wants a day out on the buses, it's the only day we'll be doing much this holiday so I let him choose - it's a cheap (but dull) day out for me :)

Bournemouth managed a win today, I had a cheeky bet on the Manchester derby - £1 on Man U to win, both teams to score, there to be at least 3 bookings on each team and Man U to get 5 corners .... Man U did win, both teams did score, tonnes of players got booked .... but Man U only managed 4 corners :cool: It would've got me £81 if they'd managed one more corner :(
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So I promised ds a day riding the buses today, we haven't done it for ages and there are several new routes starting today locally apparently ... so, ds has had his bath, I've cleared the ironing pile and put it away and all is good :D

The tickets will costs £6.60 for the day and I'm hoping to do some job spotting while we're out. I cashed in £4.75 yesterday that I'd built up on there, so that will be more Amazon credit headed my way :)
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear DS' dad is a twit - its such a shame that he wont recognise DS' condition, I know of a few men who think its all in the mind.

Now that DS is old enough surely he can make his own decisions about what he wants to do and as annoying as that is for some people that's life.

Hope you have a good day out today - can I just ask what exactly you do? Is it literally riding the same bus around all day or do you get off at places and grab a bite to eat? Or maybe something totally different?
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say how well I think you do with DS - it cant be easy on your own and with your mum's health as well yet you still carry on and keep posting and you are doing so well with it all as well as earning extra money on the side on top of your full time job.

I love how you embrace his quirks and ways and that makes for such a better life for you both.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks EE :D Ds has basically planned a route, so we will be going on about 6 different buses - we get off at various points and will grab some food (probably will take stuff with us), and do some job spotting. The buses have wifi and usb points so can use my phone ;)

I have managed to grab a couple of surveys on sb this morning so have already smashed my second goal, very unusual for a Sunday but very welcome as I don't need to worry about that for the rest of the day :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    And another £5 Amazon voucher ordered from Swagbucks :beer:
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So glad he is enjoying the job and that he has realised that he was close to meltdown and did something about it, that is huge!

We had a hedgehog wander in last year, after eating the cat food he made himself at home in the conservatory sofa (I only knew cos I could hear him snoring), he slept all day, left a trail of poo behind him (never knew they pood quite so much and so smelly) and left in the evening back out into the garden for a good snuffle around. He was very cute.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Amazing for your ds to realise and understand how he is feeling and then be able to know what to do for the best. My 9yr old is on the spectrum, but is generally even tempered, it's been a long time since anything I would say is an autism meltdown, but being 9 we have certainly seen a huge upswing in the general temper and behaviour issues of that age group lol! Basically my neice is 9weeks older so whenever he is showing a behaviour issue I stop and think 'would my neice do this?' and if I know she would I think 'ah, he is just being 9' and if not then I know it is him not coping.

My 5yr old also has massive emotional problems (probably on the spectrum but nothing official diagnosed) he has been having a lot of work through a behaviour unit links to the school and since September he has learnt how to deal with his emotions in a way that is 'safe' and now 90% of the time he can do this.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I was pleased he recognised it, I've given up trying to make his Dad understand, he just doesn't want to hear it.

Today we've had our bus day; we did 7 different routes, took about 9 hours altogether :eek: I have done a bit of shopping too, I bought ds a new hoodie (half-price, reduced to £30), I treated myself to a new fitbit as mine has finally given up (£40) and other spends = bus tickets £6.60, lunch £8, few bits and pieces in Primark £14.

Back indoors, heating is on as I'm chilled to the bone, roast lamb is in the oven and I don't plan on doing much else tonight :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Ebay item finished on £33 :beer: Off to add to the signature :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories