PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Elsiepac. Please put me down for £120. That's for general groceries for two people plus my brother-in-law will be visiting for about 10 days from Oz. Our month will run from 1st September to 30th.

- Pip

ETA: Am I a sad person for being excited that I'm the first person to sign up?
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • Katie_j
    Katie_j Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could I join please? £400 for my family of 5 + dog, cat and Guinea pig . My month will run from the 1st of September to the 30 th of September. :j
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll go for £450 again, please. That's to feed 4 adults (variable up to 9 at short notice, and usually 5-6 at weekends) 3 cats, 2 cockatiels and (currently) 14 chickens! Plus cleaning & washing stuff & basic toiletries.

There will be some pre-Brexit stocking-up too; I'll try to work that into the regular budget but may have to separate it out, depending on prices.
    Angie - GC April 24 £532.07/£480 - oops: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    £300 again for me please. This figure seems to be working for the four of us.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 489 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please can I join? I've no idea how much I spend but I have a dog and a cat so I'm guessing at £100 per month (I am on my own). I have enough cleaning products to last for ever so it won't include those.
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Doing_it_my_way Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 August 2019 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Hello again :)
    Please could I join? I would like to aim for £150 this month, two of us most days and a pooch, although very often it turns into 6 or 7 and 5 pooches! I have quite a lot of meals in the freezer and will be stretching food as far as I humanely know how. Lots of runner beans in the garden and lettuce and if the tomatoes turn then lots of them as well. Forgot to say month will be from 1 Sept until the 30th and we are away for 8 days of that. Seriously excited!! Thank you :)
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    We are still in August as we go by calender month.

2 adults, the OH and I, and the budget is to cover all food (apart from date night) and non alcoholic drinks. September goes 1st to 30th.

Budget £200.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Elsiepac, please may I be a complete pain & adjust my aimed-for figure downwards to £420? I've blown a fuse & stocked up early on some pre-Brexit supplies, having been tipped the wink that chickpeas in particular are often in short supply at this time of year anyway, never mind potential political mayhem, so, having two vegetarians to feed, I've galloped off to the wholesalers & stocked up on those & a few other key items. I spent £60 and bought enough to see us through 2 months, so should take £30 off my target for the next two months to account for that.

Just - no-one actually sit on the rocking chair in the spare room, please; it can't move for trays of tins underneath...
    Angie - GC April 24 £532.07/£480 - oops: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, please can you put me down for £180. This is to cover food and household for two adults. Needs must as salary is being reduced by £200 per month from next year, so I am trying to manage on the reduced budget early and save more in the rainy day fund.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • hamish222
    hamish222 Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join please, really need get shopping under control. Two adults and 1 child (also have a cat but he only eats certain foods, Have just ordered a months worth at a cost of £20 on Amazon).
    Will start from tomorrow 26th August until 30th Sept with a budget £400

This is for all food, cleaning stuff, takeaways,lunches etc but not including meals out, I have a couple pre-planned this month.
    Yearly Grocery Budget - £100.77/ £3500. January Treats Budget - £11.80 / £100.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure