Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • choille
    • By choille 18th Jun 19, 5:44 PM
    • 6,877Posts
    • 32,241Thanks
    choille
    Morrisons roasting Tin
    • 18th Jun 19, 5:44 PM
    Morrisons roasting Tin 18th Jun 19 at 5:44 PM
    Bought a roasting tin with rack several months ago. Used it a few times and then it started peeling - bits of metal appeared on a roast so I took it back. They were all iffy because I didn't have the receipt but I took them to the shelf where they were for sale & they gave me a replacement which has done the same.

I didn't think it would have the same fault so used it just a few times before it did it again. Had folks round for a roast & it really wasn't fit to eat as the meat had metal all along the base of it & the juices were grey-metallic looking.

I phoned them up & have been given the run around. I did eventually get some points on my Loyality Card but I think it's probably quite dangerous & what I wanted was an explanation and advise on what I have been ingesting because it's possible that it's been leeching into the food for a while - the coating or whatever is on it.

The roasting tin is still on the shelves.

When I phoned today the customer service guy wasn't even prepared to look at the case number I was given - he wanted me to go back through it all - explain it all again to him. I'd been on the phone over 20 minutes and I just felt like losing the will to live.
    I just got the impression that they don't care. Now Trading Standards no longer deal with individuals so I don't know where to get answers from.
Page 2
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 19th Jun 19, 6:49 PM
    • 981 Posts
    • 1,719 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    They shouldn't be selling stuff like it for food use.

It's just another backwards slide into safety standards being compromised as far as I am concerned.
    Originally posted by choille
    Where do you think the non-stick coating goes when it wears out which has happened since it first appeared...in frying pans for example?
    Last edited by Rainbowgirl84; 19-06-2019 at 6:51 PM.
    • choille
    • By choille 19th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 6,877 Posts
    • 32,241 Thanks
    choille
    Where do you think the non-stick coating goes when it wears out which has happened since it first appeared...in frying pans for example?
    Originally posted by Rainbowgirl84
    Onto a scouring pad & then down the drain?

It's not a frying pan - it's a roasting tin that peeled its coating onto the food - like silver streamers it was all over the beef.

I've never seen that happen to bacon, egg or sausages.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,965Posts Today

7,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin