Morrisons roasting Tin

Options
Bought a roasting tin with rack several months ago. Used it a few times and then it started peeling - bits of metal appeared on a roast so I took it back. They were all iffy because I didn't have the receipt but I took them to the shelf where they were for sale & they gave me a replacement which has done the same.

I didn't think it would have the same fault so used it just a few times before it did it again. Had folks round for a roast & it really wasn't fit to eat as the meat had metal all along the base of it & the juices were grey-metallic looking.

I phoned them up & have been given the run around. I did eventually get some points on my Loyality Card but I think it's probably quite dangerous & what I wanted was an explanation and advise on what I have been ingesting because it's possible that it's been leeching into the food for a while - the coating or whatever is on it.

The roasting tin is still on the shelves.

When I phoned today the customer service guy wasn't even prepared to look at the case number I was given - he wanted me to go back through it all - explain it all again to him. I'd been on the phone over 20 minutes and I just felt like losing the will to live.
I just got the impression that they don't care. Now Trading Standards no longer deal with individuals so I don't know where to get answers from.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How much did it cost?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You were fortunate to get a replacement without proof of purchase. Well done to Morrisons. People do take things back that they didn't buy in the first place.
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had a roasting tin (not with the rack) from Morrison's we've chucked out for exactly the same reason. The non stick coating doesn't seem to want to stick to the metal of the tin. Somewhat irritating, as it was bought to replace a value range tin from Argos that lasted years, and this one has lasted months.
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How much did it cost?

Why?

It was cheap but it isn't safe. I don't want another as I think it's possibly hazardous.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Why?

It was cheap but it isn't safe. I don't want another as I think it's possibly hazardous.

As said you were lucky to get an exchange.
    I think you have to pay a decent amount maybe £20 to get a good roasting tin
  • choille
    Options
    .....as opposed to one that may poison you?

Yes, too cheap but surely they should comply with safety standards - or at least I think things used to.
  • Kentish_Dave
    Kentish_Dave Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    .....as opposed to one that may poison you?

Yes, too cheap but surely they should comply with safety standards - or at least I think things used to.
    The metal is not poisonous.
  • choille
    Options
    The metal is not poisonous.

It's like a coating that has peeled off - I don't know what it is.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If I were you I would write to them.

Voice your concerns that the item could be hazardous to health.

You are right, they should not be selling something like this.
  • Kentish_Dave
    Kentish_Dave Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    It's like a coating that has peeled off - I don't know what it is.
    It is metal, it is not poisonous. Manufacturers do not make roasting tins from poison.

Unless it has exploded it still works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport