PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Estate agents being sneaky?!?!

Options

Comments

• anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Put a letter through the vendor's door. Tell the EA to f**k off and pull out.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Estate agents being sneaky?!?! .

And in other news... The Pope is Catholic and bears sh*t in the woods!
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MoveSelf wrote: »
    It's underhand tactics like this that gives estate agents a bad name (although I'm sure it's only the minority).

Looool.

Stick around here (and life) for a while and you'll realise that it's the majority. If you find an EA that doesn't use underhand tactics then you'll be in a minority. Of one.

And to the OP - this sounds like a classic case of EA sells the house to his mate and then scrabbles around trying to cover his !!!!!, dissembling and equivocating left right and centre.
  • victoriavictorious
    Options
    kinger101 wrote: »
    That particular branch? Haart are snakes everywhere. Tried to block me from viewings for not seeing their mortgage adviser.

Stick a note thought the vendors door saying you were being discouraged from buying the place, and don't believe you offer has been put forward.

If the vendor doesn't live there, you can do a land registry search.

Does that not still just show the property address, even if the vendor lives elsewhere?
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Stick around here (and life) for a while and you'll realise that it's the majority. If you find an EA that doesn't use underhand tactics then you'll be in a minority. Of one.

Not that I am in any way biased, but people generally don't come on forums like this to post things like: "My estate agent was really helpful, and made the process easier than it might otherwise have been." This is a site people come to when they have an issue they wish to receive advice for.

Believe me I know better than most there are a fair chunk of unscrupulous EAs out there, but to suggest every single one is dodgy and all use underhand tactics, which you appear to be claiming, is simply nonsense.
  • robatwork
    Options
    Surrey_EA wrote: »
    Not that I am in any way biased, but people generally don't come on forums like this to post things like: "My estate agent was really helpful, and made the process easier than it might otherwise have been." This is a site people come to when they have an issue they wish to receive advice for.

Believe me I know better than most there are a fair chunk of unscrupulous EAs out there, but to suggest every single one is dodgy and all use underhand tactics, which you appear to be claiming, is simply nonsense.

You can't prove it's nonsense any more than I can prove it is. I offered only my opinion, based on experience, as do you.

You, however, have a vested interest while I do not.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    You can't prove it's nonsense any more than I can prove it is. I offered only my opinion, based on experience, as do you.

You, however, have a vested interest while I do not.
    Fair enough, as you wish, but it is highly likely my experience is far greater than yours!
  • Newthings
    Newthings Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking an interest and replying. Much appreciated. I will post something to the vendor.

Onwards and upwards so I won't dwell on this too much.

Hope everyone is going to enjoy the weekend !!!55357;!!!56842;
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Surrey_EA wrote: »

Our EA for selling was fabulous. The first EA for our abortive house purchase was as useless as a chocolate fire guard - never answered emails once the offer was in etc. We gave up and just used the solicitors even though it took a lot longer and some of the questions were really simple (like when was the septic tank last emptied, is it oil or LPG for the heating?) The EA for this new purchase is rather fab (if a tad posh). 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • robatwork
    Options
    l-25466-youll-never-find-a-more-wretched-hive-of-scum-and-villainy-ea.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing