Iberia Expess - Bumped from flight

Options
Hello,

I was bumped from my flight as their airplane broke down and the replacement had fewer seats.

This is where is gets complicated.

I was flying from Gran Canaria to Bristol, but as there were no direct flights I had to buy two separate tickets via Madrid. I had to buy a new ticket direct to Bristol the next day.

They are offering €400 EU compensation but are refusing to refund either my unused ticket with them to Madrid or my new ticket to Bristol which was twice the cost

They have now stopped replying to my emails unless I take the €400 and are ignoring my requests to be told if they’re part of an ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution) or ombudsmen.

Any suggestions? I would have expected the unused ticket to be refunded with the EU compensation really...

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why did you have to buy new tickets/flights if they bumped you due to a downgrade of the original operating flight? Iberia would normally take care of the re-routing for you.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Iberia is part of ADR. They should have asked for volunteers firstly and they should have re-routed you. Did they ask for volunteers and did they offer you re-routing.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Iberia (or any of their partner carriers) don't fly to Bristol.

When you say you "had to buy two separate tickets" do you mean that you bought Gran Canaria - Madrid with Iberia Express and then Madrid - Bristol on a separate airline and booking (easyJet?)

If this is the case then Iberia have no responsibility to you in regard to your onward travel arrangements. They owe you EU261 compensation for your Gran Canaria - Madrid flight.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your original flight which you were denied boarding was from Gran Canaria to Bristol right? But bagand96 say's that Iberia doesn't fly to Bristol?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure