Sky Overcharging

Options
Hello, hope someone can help or offer advice.

I have Sky, my month charge is £57, this is only for TV, I have no other service with Sky.
Today, Sky have taken £190 as a Direct Debit from my account, £57 for the monthly subscription and £133 as a 'Debit adjustment'. I noticed this transaction was going through on Saturday - so I called Sky and having gone round the houses, no one can give me a reason for this charge. Initially the call centre said it was an indemnity charge i.e. my bank had taken £133 from Sky and given to me, so Sky were reclaiming. I have never received this payment, and sounds unlikely at best. Having spoken with the UK values team, they couldn't identify the charge, and am now waiting on a call back.

Has anyone else, had a similar issue resolved successfully?

Thanks

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Couple of things:

1) You noticed the transaction on Saturday but when was it taken?
    2) What does your online Sky account say in the Bills section, you may have to go back a bit to find any mention of this on a previous bill. It could have occurred due to a DD being declined due to lack of funds or if you asked the bank to refund a debit.

On a related note you can probably do far better than £57 a month depending on your package but we'll worry about that later.
  • pedro1977
    Options
    Thanks for coming back to me -

1) payment went through today, have spoken with HSBC, they said they can reverse it.
    2) Just says 'Debit adjustment' on the bill
    3) Have checked bank account, cannot see a DD ever being declined, payment has always gone through and have never requested a refund from the bank, and most importantly, never had a payment in of £133.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pedro1977 wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to me -

1) payment went through today, have spoken with HSBC, they said they can reverse it.
    2) Just says 'Debit adjustment' on the bill
    3) Have checked bank account, cannot see a DD ever being declined, payment has always gone through and have never requested a refund from the bank, and most importantly, never had a payment in of £133.

Before you reverse it wait for the callback, it'll save them possibly automatically claiming it again and going around in circles.

I've always found Sky excellent to deal with so they will sort it out.
  • BlueWonder
    Options
    We left Sky recently and had these charges, apparently it was caused by not having a multiroom box plugged into a phone line.
    By calling Sky they removed the charges and then added them as credit on the next months charges.
  • pedro1977
    Options
    BlueWonder wrote: »
    We left Sky recently and had these charges, apparently it was caused by not having a multiroom box plugged into a phone line.
    By calling Sky they removed the charges and then added them as credit on the next months charges.

Thanks, I've got Sky Q, and I don't think that it needs to be plugged into a phoneline, as it's all connected wirelessly to the internet.

I'm still waiting for Sky to confirm what the charges are! Gone via Facebook this morning, after failing to call me yesterday, and still waiting...
  • pedro1977
    Options
    Just went through it all with HSBC, and the end result is Sky hadn't claimed the Direct Debit for 3 months! The funds were in the account and the DD was in place, but for whatever the reason Sky hadn't drawn it down.

The weird thing is on my Sky account they were all marked as paid, only going through my bank account did it become clear the money hadn't left my account. I wish Sky could've told me this in the first place, wasted hours trying to talk to them with little joy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure