IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye PCN - Registered Keeper Living Overseas

Options

Comments

• Kirchenmaus
    Options
    Must be the Pepipoo user churchmouse's German cousin :)
    His dyslexic German cousin, apparently...

SRM's eagle eyes have spotted something even I hadn't. It may be time to increase the font size on the 'ol PC or invest in reading glasses, because I had indeed intended to sign up here as Kirchenmaus, not Kirchemmaus. (Feel free to PM me elsewhere to confirm my ID, but alas, I don't think I will be posting here regularly--this forum is so busy I cannot keep up!)

--Kirchenmaus (currently Typomaus...)
  • stevem365
    stevem365 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry guys, but a quick query on the Parking Eye online appeals format:

There is an address form on the first page - I have entered my UAE address here.

The next page has a drop-down menu showing a list of reasons for appeal. I was going to select "I was not the driver of the vehicle" as this is true. I presume this is the only logical choice for me?
  • Edna_Basher
    Options
    There should also be an "Other" option on PE's drop-down list.
  • stevem365
    stevem365 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2018 at 5:46PM
    Options
    There should also be an "Other" option on PE's drop-down list.

Thank you.

One last query: One the submission page there is a check box which states:

"I confirm I have attached all supporting information available to me, and understand that I will be unable to provide any additional evidence at a later date, unless specifically requested by ParkingEye"

Are there any implications to leaving this unchecked, or do I need to tick this?

N.B. Given my OP, there is no evidence for me to attach at this stage
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tick the box.
  • stevem365
    Options
    UPDATE:

I have just received a PDF letter copy from PE via email advising me that my appeal has been unsuccessful.

Clearly, I now need to submit a POPLA appeal.

However, looking at the FAQ, I can't seem to find an appeal approach that fits the circumstances outlined in my original post i.e. I live abroad and was not in the country at the time of the PCN date.

Can anyone offer advice or point me in the general direction of a relevant appeal?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I can't seem to find an appeal approach that fits the circumstances ... i.e. I live abroad and was not in the country at the time of the PCN date.

Why would you mention this to PoPLA?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • stevem365
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I can't seem to find an appeal approach that fits the circumstances ... i.e. I live abroad and was not in the country at the time of the PCN date.

Why would you mention this to PoPLA?

To be honest I don't know why.

The whole process is a bit confusing as I've never been in one these car parks before. Hence, I'm really reliant on the template advice in the forum.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you mean someone else was driving, and you are only the keeper?

You are still liable and 'I wasn't driving' is not a defence or appeal point UNLESS:

- the car wasn't there at all, and PE made a mistake

or

- the NTK they posted was a 'golden ticket' (arrived late/nothing about POFA 'keeper liability' on the back of the document)?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stevem365
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Do you mean someone else was driving, and you are only the keeper?

You are still liable and 'I wasn't driving' is not a defence or appeal point UNLESS:

- the car wasn't there at all, and PE made a mistake

or

- the NTK they posted was a 'golden ticket' (arrived late/nothing about POFA 'keeper liability' on the back of the document)?

Correct and understood.

I guess I'm conflating the POPLA appeal with the situation that may arise further in the future, should it fail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure