Stuck my SIM card in phone brand new

Options
As it says above, I stuck my SIM card in my phone. Hadn’t even used it as a phone yet.

There was a tray on the side of the phone I was supposed to put the sim in, but this wasn’t clear and now the sim is stuck.

Really annoyed as I need a phone for work.

What are my rights?

Comments

• Miss.Fortune
    Options
    Where did you stick it in?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Where did you stick it in?

The SIM card slot, but it was supposed to go in a little tray that pulls out when you open the slot.

I think it should be made clearer that the SIM card needs to go in the tray.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you read the instructions?
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Did you read the instructions?
    This ^^

Phones would need to be even larger if they had to put instructions on the actual device. That's why they come with a basic instruction guide.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seven wrote: »
    As it says above, I stuck my SIM card in my phone. Hadn’t even used it as a phone yet.

There was a tray on the side of the phone I was supposed to put the sim in, but this wasn’t clear and now the sim is stuck.

Really annoyed as I need a phone for work.

What are my rights?

You've probably got the right to ask them to remove the SIM card if it's stuck or jammed. Then following any repair pay them for the work they've done.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    What is the make and model of the phone? and did it come with a basic set up & user guide?
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The card is probably stuck due to the pressure of the contacts on the card. You can probably free it by getting some stiff thin plastic and pushing it down into the slot on the opposite side of the card to the contacts. If you are not confident with this, I would take it to an independent phone repair shop who will probably be able to help and charge you very little.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    I just dont understand how this has happened...

How did it get in the slot If the slot wasnt open? Arent all sims micro now?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    So you removed the SIM tray and rather than put your SIM in the tray, which is pretty obvious btw even without reading the instructions, you stuffed your SIM into the empty slot?

Sorry but if you're looking for some legal right to get a free repair or replacement you have none.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    Options
    People like this are why knives have a warning about being sharp on the box.

How can you blame someone else for something so obvious? Goodness me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport