What excercises do you do while performing everyday activities?

Options
Basically title. What tips and tricks can you share to help squeeze in a little bit of fitness when doing otherwise mundane things?

As an example, I find myself doing calf raises all the time, from brushing my teeth to pumping gas. I'm sure I have received many weird looks in the past, but it's better than running around with some chicken thighs!

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Squats or incline press-ups while waiting for the kettle to boil is a good one!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interlink fingers and pull/squeeze the hands apart/together.

Carry a couple of small items - such as a small toy - and use them ffor gripping and squeezing exercises.

Stand in tiptoes for a few seconds then flatten feet then stand on heel and raise rest of foot and hold for a few seconds while trying to flex foot, alternate both standing actions for a few minutes.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Brisk walking vs dawdling along.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MotheroftheKid
    MotheroftheKid Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 November 2019 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Balancing on one leg while waiting for the kettle to boil. Not strictly exercise, but does help improve balance,
  • MotheroftheKid
    Options
    Stretch my calfs and hamstrings when cleaning my teeth.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 November 2019 at 11:20PM
    Options
    I wonder why no one here mentions having sex as one of the responses?

You are doing exercise while performing everyday activities are not you??

You could do various types of exercises, you name it. More importantly the best exercise ever as you are doing exercise while having fun. You could keep maintaining intimate which is crucial to healthy life and relationship. Please correct me if I am wrong ? :D:D:D

Also, the research shows that during this activity there are lot of calories burnt.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Balancing on one leg while waiting for the kettle to boil. Not strictly exercise, but does help improve balance,

good for ankle strength too :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    I bound up and down my stairs; good for the explosive strength you need for football.

Prepping wood for the wood burner is good for the upper body. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure