Kent Reliance 1.5% AER easy access savings account

Options
Minimum opening deposit is £1,000.

Could be a good choice after the 1 year bonus rate on Marcus expires.

http://www.kentreliance.co.uk/savings-accounts/online-only-easy-access-account

Comments

• londoninvestor
    Options
    ...and a good choice for anyone ineligible for Marcus (but that's another story).

Opened one today - a little annoying that you can't get into the account online without having got your details through the post, but no big deal.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I opened one with KR last year. Very slow at transferring money in and out, don't know if that's improved or not.
  • Mr.Saver
    Mr.Saver Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    I opened one with KR last year. Very slow at transferring money in and out, don't know if that's improved or not.
    From http://www.kentreliance.co.uk/support/taking-money-out , the money should arrive your bank account on the same day if you submit your request before 3:30 pm and the amount is below 250k
  • littlemoney
    littlemoney Posts: 788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Mr.Saver wrote: »
    From http://www.kentreliance.co.uk/support/taking-money-out , the money should arrive your bank account on the same day if you submit your request before 3:30 pm and the amount is below 250k

After 3.30 pm it is the next working day but Saturday and Sunday are not working days, so withdrawal or payment in made after 3.30 pm on a Friday will not be in your account till Monday.

I opened an account yesterday (Friday) but when I phoned today they can't tell me the money has arrived till Monday. All I know is that it left my bank Friday. I assume it was in all the samll print but I never thought in this day and age of 24/7 online banking that this would happen.

Perhaps 1.5% is not quite so good if access is a bit difficult. Some much for an Online Easy Access account.
  • londoninvestor
    londoninvestor Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    ...and a good choice for anyone ineligible for Marcus (but that's another story).

Opened one today - a little annoying that you can't get into the account online without having got your details through the post, but no big deal.

I applied and did my first deposit Thursday afternoon, had my deposit acknowledged by text Friday morning, and got login details today (Saturday). Not too bad really.
  • Mr.Saver
    Mr.Saver Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    After 3.30 pm it is the next working day but Saturday and Sunday are not working days, so withdrawal or payment in made after 3.30 pm on a Friday will not be in your account till Monday.

I opened an account yesterday (Friday) but when I phoned today they can't tell me the money has arrived till Monday. All I know is that it left my bank Friday. I assume it was in all the samll print but I never thought in this day and age of 24/7 online banking that this would happen.

Perhaps 1.5% is not quite so good if access is a bit difficult. Some much for an Online Easy Access account.
    AFAIK, most "easy access" accounts, even many current accounts, have a cut off time where requests made after that point will be processed the next working day.

I'm not saying this is idea, but it is what it is, and I don't see this as a deal breaker for a 1.5% AER easy access savings account.
  • locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Opened an account with KRBS. Their online site is basic and cannot see how to withdraw funds. There is a warning banner which says Transfers are not available at the moment.

Has this been an ongoing problem?

Their customer services are very busy, was 70th in queue.
  • youngretired
    Options
    I've had KRBS online easy access savers for a few years now and have never had any problems. Just logged into my account and transfers are working fine. To withdraw funds then you request it by transfer.
  • ortolickus
    ortolickus Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I paid in from my current account to KRBS yesterday (23rd) around noon. The deposit still wasn't showing late last night although it did show this morning (24th) as deposited on 23rd. This is a bit of a PITA for me and it's not the first time i've had to open an account to discover the applicable 'anomaly'. Perhaps i should have read this thread first :-)

Cynergy, for example, requires a code to my mobile every time i transfer money to my nominated account. And it's a very clunky website that keeps logging me out.

Can anyone please give me a heads-up on Marcus before i open yet another EA account?

Thanks
  • Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ortolickus wrote: »
    Can anyone please give me a heads-up on Marcus before i open yet another EA account?

Thanks
    In my experience, Marcus are exceptionally quick and easy with an unfussy website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure