Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 9th Jan 13, 2:28 PM
    • 1,239Posts
    • 3,569Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide
    • 9th Jan 13, 2:28 PM
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide 9th Jan 13 at 2:28 PM

Hi all, we've updated our Survey Sites guide to help you make cash from online surveys.

How did you find the info? If you're a survey stasher, do you have any other sites you'd add?

Thanks
    for your help!

MSE Jenny

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 28-01-2013 at 3:23 PM.
Page 25
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 21st Mar 19, 2:41 PM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 1,339 Thanks
    mikep22
    I have been with valued opinions for several years and just recently not had any surveys sent me. I had £14.50 earnt and was unable to withdraw it for vouchers I emailed them and they sent me a email back which i found very rude and abrupt. Here is a copy of the email.

Hello G

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Aljun
    Valued Opinions

We’re sorry to hear you have had issues with your account. We are in the process of reviewing your account(s) now. We hope to get you your survey account(s) back in the next 7-10 business days. In the meantime, until you receive an update regarding the status of your account, we kindly advise you to avoid any attempts to access your survey account including clicking survey invitations received via email prior to deactivation.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we review your account. Thanks again and have a great day.

Kind regards,

Aljun
    Valued Opinions

I tried to redem a reward for M&S and it said Resource Not Found - QSB0303-17 An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us and report error code: QSB0303-17

[---001:001553:28341
    Originally posted by spunkt
    I dont think thats particularly rude myself.....

However I would also say "Valued Opinions" I have never found to be a particularly well paying survey site unfortunately.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308
    • truffy
    • By truffy 21st Mar 19, 3:28 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    truffy
    I do online trading, freelancing, film music production even, but never yet been able to make at those surveys. might make this a task this year to make profitable
    • OtterNotter
    • By OtterNotter 10th Apr 19, 5:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OtterNotter
    I have been with valued opinions for several years and just recently not had any surveys sent me. I had £14.50 earnt and was unable to withdraw it for vouchers I emailed them and they sent me a email back which i found very rude and abrupt. Here is a copy of the email.

Hello G

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Aljun
    Valued Opinions

We’re sorry to hear you have had issues with your account. We are in the process of reviewing your account(s) now. We hope to get you your survey account(s) back in the next 7-10 business days. In the meantime, until you receive an update regarding the status of your account, we kindly advise you to avoid any attempts to access your survey account including clicking survey invitations received via email prior to deactivation.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we review your account. Thanks again and have a great day.

Kind regards,

Aljun
    Valued Opinions

I tried to redem a reward for M&S and it said Resource Not Found - QSB0303-17 An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us and report error code: QSB0303-17

[---001:001553:28341
    Originally posted by spunkt
    I am in pretty much the exact same situation, banned without reason just given the same cookie cutter response, was halfway to cashing out again.

I was inactive on all the survey sites I use for about 5 months and this is the only one that has been a problem on my return.

This site is no longer a trustworthy site, stay well clear.
    • bigisi
    • By bigisi 10th Apr 19, 9:22 AM
    • 625 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    bigisi
    Blah blah blah

This site is no longer a trustworthy site, stay well clear.
    Originally posted by OtterNotter
    No thanks, they are still my most profitable survey site and have been for over six years, £1500+p.a. consistently.

With that email it sounds like you weren’t answering honestly or missing too many attention checks.

I’ll carry on with them thanks all the same
    • jow6
    • By jow6 17th Apr 19, 2:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jow6
    Boost your income
    Hi all,

Sorry not sure if this is the right place to post this. I need, as I imagine a lot of other people do too, more money and to increase my income. I am aware of surveys (although advice over the best sites would be appreciated) and of the Lionbridge thing (for which I have applied and am now waiting for the exam) but I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent, sustained ways of getting a little bit more money either online or otherwise. I am currently without a reference so it is difficult to get an actual job without doing some volunteering in order to get one (I am currently setting this up).

Any tips or suggestions much appreciated.

L
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 17th Apr 19, 3:04 PM
    • 3,524 Posts
    • 3,133 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Hi,

I get between £150-£200/month doing surveys. My favourites are Prolific Academic and PopulusLive. Prolific Academic I find have the most interesting surveys and pay well, whilst PopulusLive usually send me a cheque for £50 for each month as their surveys pay well too.

Have a look at the MSE article Top 25 Online Survey Sites for lots of ideas.

Edit: And welcome to the forum. Good luck with the job-hunting and volunteering. I found volunteering was a gateway to learning new skills and sets you on the path to paid employment.
    Last edited by Willing2Learn; 17-04-2019 at 3:07 PM.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 17th Apr 19, 3:38 PM
    • 420 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    What is the hourly rate of pay approx with Valued Opinions?
    • jow6
    • By jow6 18th Apr 19, 9:31 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jow6
    Thanks for that Willingtolearn. I've signed up to the PopulousLive one but cannot see any surveys on it?
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 18th Apr 19, 1:18 PM
    • 420 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Thanks for that Willingtolearn. I've signed up to the PopulousLive one but cannot see any surveys on it?
    Originally posted by jow6
    PopulousLive send you an email when there is a survey available.
    • Whammy_Barre
    • By Whammy_Barre 19th Apr 19, 9:18 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Whammy_Barre
    Income from Surveys etc.
    When recording the amount of income you make from surveys etc., is it only counted as income at the point when you actually redeem it, or would it still count when it's in your account on the website?
    • chels
    • By chels 19th Apr 19, 9:48 AM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 4,626 Thanks
    chels
    When recording the amount of income you make from surveys etc., is it only counted as income at the point when you actually redeem it, or would it still count when it's in your account on the website?
    Originally posted by Whammy_Barre
    If you choose to declare it then I would say it can only be required when you actually receive the money.

The money is not really yours until you've claimed and are in receipt of it. Some survey companies cease and it's possible you may end up not being paid (hopefully few and far between!), imagine potentially being taxed on funds you never actually received!
    *2018*
    £s GAINED: Cash £168.25 Vouchers £30.00
    LBs LOST: 0 / 28

• SadlerWells
    • By SadlerWells 1st Jun 19, 7:25 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SadlerWells
    YouGov is easy to do
    I signed up for YouGov after reading about it on MSE. Once I started doing the surveys, the emails came through more frequently than once a month and I got into the swing of completing them in only a few minutes.. Some of the surveys only earn a chance to go into a prize draw so I ignore those. I only do the ones that earn points, and if I'm offered a short survey for extra points I always do them.
    I've just checked and it took less than eighteen months to earn £50, not bad for not doing much in a spare few minutes. However, the emails don't come quite so frequently now — not sure if it's because I've already had a payout or because I'm not the ideal profile!
    Last edited by SadlerWells; 01-06-2019 at 7:26 AM. Reason: typo
    • droopsnout
    • By droopsnout 5th Jun 19, 3:37 PM
    • 3,590 Posts
    • 14,921 Thanks
    droopsnout
    I, too, have been having problems with New Vista Live. I've had exactly the same experience as olliebean. This was last November. I told them I didn't keep a record of the survey invitations that I had fully responded to, and eventually they checked through the invitation references that I sent them and sent me the £50 cheque that I was certainly entitled to.

I contacted them again recently because since November they have still not kept accurate records of my participation. I sent them a list of 42 survey invitations I had received since the last payment. Whilst I would have been screened out of one or two, and would have attempted a few surveys a bit too late, I can see no truth in the claim they made that I had completed only six of those forty-two surveys.

I am writing to them once again to request a sensible response. If I don't receive one, I'm leaving them. To stay with an outfit that uses terminological inexactitudes to avoid paying the folks who get their results would be plain daft!
    Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. - Thomas Sowell, "Is Reality Optional?", 1993
    • Maggie-Anne
    • By Maggie-Anne 12th Jun 19, 1:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Maggie-Anne
    Beware OPINION OUTPOST
    I complete surveys for several sites and get regular small rewards in cash or vouchers. So far this year (2019) I've received:
    £4 M&S vouchers from GFK Media.
    £15 Amazon voucher from Opinion People.
    £10 Amazon voucher from Your Water.
    £10 Amazon voucher from Expert Outpost.
    £50 cheque from New Vista.
    £50 cheque from Populus Live.
    £10 Amazon voucher from Shopper Thoughts.

BUT my recent claim for a £10 voucher from Opinion Outpost was rejected (I had more than enough points) and my membership was suspended without any warning, explanation or right of appeal. They had sent me a voucher in Sept 2018 without any problem, and I had continued to accrue points since then. In reply to my email, they simply said I had breached their conditions and my points were forfeited. They haven't answered my demand to know exactly why. So they allowed me to do more surveys until I next claimed, then rejected me. I consider that to be fraud, even if only for £10. I have been working for them for nothing. DON'T TOUCH THEM!
    • BachSoon
    • By BachSoon 14th Jul 19, 8:23 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    BachSoon
    What are your favourite survey sites?
    I am currently doing Qmee, prolific academic and onepoll. Didn't realize get on with swagbucks.

What survey sites do you use for earning a bit on the side??
    • rjmachin
    • By rjmachin 14th Jul 19, 9:03 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    rjmachin
    My favourite is swagbucks.

I am getting around £50 per month at the moment. Taking advantage of the bonuses, by reaching your daily goal, monthly goal, playing swago and the team challenge help to boost the SB balance.

For the swago, I just go for the 50SB rather than the 300SB because I don't really have the friends who would be interested in it, and they do not like it when pretend to be a friend. I have been banned once for doing that. Had to grovel to be allowed back on.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 14th Jul 19, 11:02 PM
    • 40,603 Posts
    • 314,943 Thanks
    mjm3346
    MSE guide is here

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys/

I would ignore surveys on Swagbucks as they can pay as little as 10p or less for every £1 some of the survey sites pay.
    Internet goodness £26839
    • Bennettxoxo
    • By Bennettxoxo 15th Jul 19, 11:09 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Bennettxoxo
    Qmee and Prolific are my favourite too.

I also use OnePoll, PollPass and One Pulse. They're slow earners but they're fairly consistent with questions popping up every few hours.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 15th Jul 19, 1:31 PM
    • 5,125 Posts
    • 7,951 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Not cash, but is anyone else having problem getting Avios from e-Rewards or Rewards For Thoughts? They used to credit promptly but are currently not going across. I've raised a ticket and e-Rewards have simply said it can take up to five weeks, and I have to wait.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,395Posts Today

7,424Users online

Martin's Twitter