MSE Blog: How I got a £3,300 Virgin Atlantic upper class flight for £1,500

Options
"when I accumulated a few Virgin reward miles from a flight, I was keen to max them out as best I could..."

Read the full MSE blog:
How I got a £3,300 Virgin Atlantic upper class flight for £1,500

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get your groceries at Aldi or Lidl and save real money, forget about the Tesco Clubcard.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You say that but it can be quite a good deal if you use a lot of their services.
    I had triple clubcard points on Tesco mobile, which I was dubious about joining at the start of the contract but now I don't think I will leave unless they force my contract to end.

Their new petrol thing can be handy for families who do large shops at Tesco too.

However for people like myself who do the occasional shop at Tesco, even using all the tricks to max out points such as suggesting to the self checkout machine that I re-used a bag(s) when I didn't and "acquiring" receipts to gain extra CC points, I have knocked up a fair few points, which enables me to get a magazine subscription for the year for free.

I did look at converting the points to fly miles but as I don't pull in the big bucks with points, then the amount I would save isn't that much. In monetary terms, more than the magazine sub but less useful.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    .....suggesting to the self checkout machine that I re-used a bag(s) when I didn't....

Some may say that's not a trick, it's ...
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure