IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NGP - Company Vehicle

Options
Noree
Noree Posts: 166 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 27 April 2017 at 8:45PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all

I've been reading this forum for a while now and have had two 'charges' in the past. They've previously been ignored and then have effectively disappeared. Information that I've read on here in the past has really helped, so many thanks!

I've read the newbie section, but would like to see if anyone could assist on this occasion...

I now have a company/lease vehicle and received an email from a colleague in the office regarding a charge from New Generation Parking.

The notice is from the start of March, though I was only notified yesterday from work as they (apparently) knew nothing of it until yesterday. I would believe they had their details forwarded from the lease company from when the notice was originally sent out?! What is better is it's their final notice. So at some point, they must've perhaps sent the first invoice to the lease company, then now to my work.

There wasn't any notice stuck on my windscreen from the date of NGP's notice.

If it was my own vehicle, I couldn't care less and they could continue to bother me for as long as they wanted, but the newbie advice is to respond and fight back.

Due to my circumstances of late notice (no pun intended) on this matter, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shall I respond and give them my details as the keeper of the vehicle? This may then ensure the rest of the dialogue doesn't interfere with the lease company or my work?!

Also, the pictures are really bad on the notice.

Could I argue that there's insufficient proof that it's my vehicle. They haven't even verified the vehicle from its chassis number.

These companies really are a jobsworth and bully many people into money. If I made a living off doing this, then I'd feel my earnings are tainted.

Perhaps I should just charge them £200 admin fee for every email I send them?!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Noree
    Options
    Hi all

Just spoke with my lease company to see if they know anything about the charge, their generic response was that they forward it to the company who lease the vehicle; my work basically.

Should I contact NGP and tell them I'm the keeper of the vehicle and then go from there with the use of the standardised ICP format letters found in the newbies section?

I'd assume that they would then only contact myself for future reference.

And would I have to give them my address or would an email be classed as sufficient?

Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the NEWBIES advice has a specific section about lease vehicles with extra input from edna basher, please read it carefully

yes the KEEPER should write and get a pcn in their own name , using their own address (or any serviceable address) , and ideally create a throwaway email address just for trash like this, so maybe set up a new gmail email address and use it for this task

once the new pcn has been sent and received , the KEEPER can appeal it in the usual manner

no point in arguing with them at all, not until it gets to court (if it goes that far and an MCOL is issued)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Should I contact NGP and tell them I'm the keeper of the vehicle and then go from there with the use of the standardised ICP format letters found in the newbies section?

No, use the 'hirer/lessee' appeal version as shown there in the NEWBIES thread, courtesy of Edna Basher.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Noree
    Options
    Okay. Thanks guys.

So far I have just contacted them as the keeper and handed over my personal details so they can now deal with me directly.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    OK so you can use the hirer (para 13/14 of the POFA) argument if they ever try court then, because there is no further appeal worth trying with an IPC firm, as post #3 of the NEWBIES thread explains.

Remain the 'hirer/lessee' (day to day keeper) at all times in any defence/contact.
  • Noree
    edited 11 June 2017 at 11:29PM
    Options
    Hello again.

So it turns out they've sent me three PCN's. Will I have to go through these processes three times?

I've sent the same thing on all three occasions, to notify them that I'm the hirer/keeper of the vehicle and that's it...

This week I got a letter from Gladstones.

It's a letter before claim. They are saying that they are instructed to commence legal action to recover £160 as I've given no valid reason for non-payment.

NCP's final notices have only gone to the lease company and not myself - don't know if this is worth mentioning? I've only had a PCN for each of the three and now a solicitor letter.

The letter states I'm liable (as keeper)? I am required to pay within 14 days or alternatively provide a written response, providing my full account of the circumstances.

Having looked up the dates of the 3 PCN's, they are all when the local football & rugby team are playing. I have a friend who lives on this residential site and people park all over the site every day, with less present on match days. It seems a bit contradictory of their practices to pick and choose match days, surely?!

Anyways, help/advice for what to do next would be much appreciated. There's no way I'm prepared to pay them £160 x 3!! I could go to this site today and see vehicles parked in both bays and in other sections of the site which the would prompt a PCN by their reckoning.

To get 3 PCN's before I'm even aware of the first is simply unjust. It's contradictory of what day-to-day parking on this site is like and to 'charge' someone on a select day due to the expected heavier volume of vehicles on local sporting events is testament of NGP's ways.

Thanks all.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    So it turns out they've sent me three PCN's. Will I have to go through these processes three times?

Yes but you should robustly reply to G's, referring to all three PCNs and tell them if a claim is started, then they must include all three charges in one claim (quote PCN numbers) because to start 3 claims would clearly be an abuse of process, since a defendant does not have to face essentially, exactly the same issue, from the same claimant in court more than once.
    I've sent the same thing on all three occasions, to notify them that I'm the hirer/keeper of the vehicle and that's it...
    OK, so continue in that vein in your robust response to G's.
  • Noree
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes but you should robustly reply to G's, referring to all three PCNs and tell them if a claim is started, then they must include all three charges in one claim (quote PCN numbers) because to start 3 claims would clearly be an abuse of process, since a defendant does not have to face essentially, exactly the same issue, from the same claimant in court more than once.

OK, so continue in that vein in your robust response to G's.

The only reason I've sent three responses is because I was not aware of the next one until I'd sent them notice of keeper/hirer. They all seemed to 'drip' through over a matter of a month or so.

Do you think it would be viable to tell NGP & Gladstones to combine all three PCN's together in any correspondence? As you say, it's a bit over-the-top to have to go through all matters three times.

Any response or action required from this LBC they've sent me? Or shall I ride this out for now? It does state I've got 14 days from 02/06/2017 to respond or pay.

ht#tp://imgur.com/a/xggUG

If you remove the hashtag from above, you can see what I've been sent.

Many thanks
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Live link for reference:

http://imgur.com/a/xggUG
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Do you think it would be viable to tell NGP & Gladstones to combine all three PCN's together in any correspondence? As you say, it's a bit over-the-top to have to go through all matters three times.

Yes, that's why I said it.

It's not just over the top, it's arguably an abuse of process and a waste of the Court's time as well as your own.

Your reply to G's could say:
    It is widely accepted that it is an abuse to bring two or more sets of proceedings in respect of the same subject matter. This can amount to harassment of the defendant in order to make them fight the same battle more than once with the attendant multiplication of costs time and stress.

As such, blah blah...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure