Plusnet has added £10 to monthly charge because I told them I'm leaving due to recent price rise

Options
13»

Comments

• paul863
    Options
    I was actually thinking of switching to Plusnet but now I won't, sorry you have had this experience with them I would be really angry if they did that to me.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    paul863 wrote: »
    I was actually thinking of switching to Plusnet but now I won't, sorry you have had this experience with them I would be really angry if they did that to me.

If it was the cheapest deal when BT raise their prices in a few months, I would have no issues going back to them. In my case at least, it took less than 5 minutes to resolve. It's annoying, but far from making me 'really angry'. I save my anger for real issues.

No it shouldn't have happened, but 5 minutes work (and about 4 of those were the chat operator accessing my account and processing the refund) for the savings they often offer is not enough to keep me away for ever.
  • TuppenceHapenny
    Options

Yeah, I must admit I'm inclined to agree with mije1983. If PlusNet have the best deal the next time I'm looking to switch I would probably (reluctantly) go back to them despite all the fun and games I've had this time around. As long as you know what to expect it seems not to be a huge problem getting it straightened out and it's only a smallish amount of money that's at stake at the end of the day. And I wonder if PlusNet are all that different from other providers in trying to pull a fast one where they can.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options

Truth is all the BB providers will so it at sometime.

Trouble is the companies have high turnovers of call staff and thier replacements are not trained fully.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thinks may improve at Plusnet with their billing system shortly. It looks like the "New" billing system which has been promised since 2010 maybe arriving next month. There was a message on their forums stating that
    Everyone who's due to be billed on the 4th 5th and 6th of July will be billed on the 7th July... as for why that's happening I couldn't possibly comment
    https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Delay-to-July-bill/m-p/1542653#M30437
    But that looks like the new billing system release (or at least an attempt)
    That might improve things a bit.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    Thinks may improve at Plusnet with their billing system shortly. It looks like the "New" billing system which has been promised since 2010 maybe arriving next month. There was a message on their forums stating that

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Delay-to-July-bill/m-p/1542653#M30437
    But that looks like the new billing system release (or at least an attempt)
    That might improve things a bit.

Let's hope they have better luck than TSB!:)
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a problem with Plusnet which actually brought me big reduction to my 18 month contract, which commenced in October last year. They promised me a certain speed in writing, by letter. (above 13.5 Mbps Download) which did not happen. Because the evidence was there and I was below that by 5Mbps, they offered a no-penalty Leave and refund of all payments. I requested this again in writing, they complied. Before I received the letter, my speeds went up to between 10.5 and 11 Mbps, stable: an Openreach engineer had been working at the cabinet as I passed, same day. So I stayed with them: FTTC here is at the end of a long distance to the cabinet and absolutely no other user gets more, most less. They reduced my BB to £13 monthly and, even with the small increase, I am happy with that. Speeds now, today: -

PIN: 32ms - Download: 11.86Mbps - Upload: 0.52Mbps
    Quite happy with that, in view of what it should have been!

But I take note of developments outlined by other MSE contributors in this Thread, perhaps Plusnet is a victim of its own success and taking on staff not as competent and well trained as they should be. I simply had to detail my own, contrasting good experiences. I think obtaining written evidence from any provider of any service, is most important.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family