PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 11th June 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Silver-oldie please let both the restaurant and council food safety team know about your food poisoning so that any issues can be addressed. Hope you feel better soon xx
    Silver Oldie I agree with Floss; this is one of those times when "a complaint is a gift" (one of Mr LW's favourite sayings). If they are alerted to the fact that something went radically wrong, they have the opportunity to investigate and ensure no-one else suffers the same way.
    Hope you are feeling a bit better by now.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all :wave:
    Just a quick pop in as we have just come back from DD's. She had a landscape gardener there and so we were house and dog sitting. I did a bit of cleaning while I was there too.
    I'm going to have a coffee and then I am going to finish the ironing, shouldn't take too long, but it's a job I loathe :(.
    I have no idea what's for tea tonight but there's plenty to choose from.
    Thanks Holly for the info on Nelski. You deserve a star :staradmin :D
    Nelski I hope all is well and you can come home. I've missed your posts.
    Dumpling whinge or rant away lovely. We all need to some times. I don't have any siblings but my Dad more than makes up for that. Have an extra hug from me.
    TA I hope you get the medication this time.
    Hugs to anyone who wants or needs one ( or more ) they are free to a good home :D.
    Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Silver-oldie please let both the restaurant and council food safety team know about your food poisoning so that any issues can be addressed. Hope you feel better soon xx
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Silver Oldie I agree with Floss; this is one of those times when "a complaint is a gift" (one of Mr LW's favourite sayings). If they are alerted to the fact that something went radically wrong, they have the opportunity to investigate and ensure no-one else suffers the same way.
    Hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

I have tried to phone restaurant but they don't answer, have sent two messages on their web site and they have failed to even acknowledge.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Been reading along but not posted as I have not been feeling well. Went for lunch last Thursday. in a well known restaurant chain, and have food poisoning. Spent Thursday evening in the bathroom and the rest of the time lying on the bed or sofa. Still unable to eat. I know I need to loose a few lbs but this is a bit too drastic.

i would try to report it to the environmental health folk at the council if you get no feed back Food poisoning can be extremely dangerous. I had the misfortune to have a dreadful dose last year and although my son-in-law reorted it to Thanet council we never heard anything else, but I never ate there again.Its dreadful and can hospitalise you
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,051 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    i would try to report it to the environmental health folk at the council if you get no feed back Food poisoning can be extremely dangerous. I had the misfortune to have a dreadful dose last year and although my son-in-law reorted it to Thanet council we never heard anything else, but I never ate there again.Its dreadful and can hospitalise you

I agree! Years and years ago I contracted campylobacter from a dodgy meal and was ill for a long time, much longer than the original symptoms lasted. As I worked with children I had to provide stool samples to EH until my system was clear and wasn't allowed back to work for about six weeks in all.

My busy week has started! Today wasn't too bad, tomorrow will just be easy and then Wednesday and Thursday will be the horrible ones.

I've had a chicken salad for my main meal and now got strawberries and blackberries waiting on the kitchen top. Berries coming out of the fridge are too cold for me to eat.

Why do strawberries smell so horrible these days? No strawberry smell at all anymore.

Just had a tree surgeon here to discuss my leylandii cypress in the back garden. There's only one! It should be either heavily trimmed (making it look ugly) or chopped down (leaving no-where for the birds / squirrels / woodpeckers). I've asked him to do a light trim first and then see how it looks!

That's my day - I hope everyone has had a productive or restorative day.

Happy Monday evening to all.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have tried to phone restaurant but they don't answer, have sent two messages on their web site and they have failed to even acknowledge.
    In that case deffo take it to the environmental health people.

Nelski I hope you're soon home and recuperating in the comfort of your own lounge/bed.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My food poisoning was confirmed with a stool sample as I was very ill a few years ago. The doctor told the council...I was too ill...and the restaurant was closed for a week for deep cleaning and all the food had tp be thrown out I was told. It was tapas and had been kept warm.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So the chap has just gone at 8.30 having done almost a 12 hour day. New carcass but reused the cupboard doors and drawer fronts, I have to say I did not think he would get it finished, but he has and cleared up after himself. Just washed up a days dishes, I began to run out of mugs.....at last I can get things put back and life can get back to normal again its been a long 6 weeks. The floor had dried and the wood was ok so we did not have to have any boards replaced.

I have had a steady day, taken it carefully eating, seem to be a lot better tonight.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening, just to agree with the previous posters, you must must report this to the Environmental health team at your local council. They will want to get their food safety team down there straight away to do an inspection. There could be lots of people that have become ill after eating there if something is contaminated. They will want to trace what has caused this especially if there's others that are affected too. Food poisoning can be awful for vulnerable people.

Hope you're starting to feel better.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business