PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 11th June 2018

Options

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's hoping for a speedy return home for Nelski. I hate staying in hospital!

I'm off to the dentist, just for a check up. I had an annoying flake hanging off one of my front teeth for ages but it seems to have gone now, probably taken off by the sourdough bread I ate yesterday, the crust was really hard.

Then off to Yorkshire again for the week. Hopefully I'll have a bit more energy than I had over the weekend because I seemed to spend a lot of it sleeping. My hayfever, which is usually over by now seems to have taken on new life, I wish it would do one.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Ispent yesterday in bed apart from 2 brief periods on the settee. I am still wobbit but the workmen are due this morning to do the kitchen, so felt I had to get up. Once I have made the bed I may just go through and lie on it.

Two buckets of water filled one for tea etc and the other to flush the toilet, the water will be off for most of the day.

We have a misty start again, it usually lifts at lunchtime. OH said he had to come in yesterday it was too hot in the garden. He picked another half pound of strawberries yesterday, so thats over 4 pounds now and more to come.

Salad for super again tonight, I did manage a mouthful yesterday.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a speedy return home for Nelski. I hate staying in hospital!

Last time I stayed in hospital I was disappointed when they chucked me out a couple of days earlier than expected....mind you it was a few years back..
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

It looks like we are set for a lovely day with blue skies and sunshine so the WM is chugging away to start clearing the pile.
    It’s bread making then ironing for me this morning and then over to see Lu later.

Have a good day folks x
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 June 2018 at 9:36AM
    Options
    Morning all,

We had a couple of hours of really heavy rain after tea.It came pouring down the road after a bit,bringing all the dried up rubbish with it as a lot of the grids further up seem to be blocked.DS1 went out and swept some of the water across the road and debris away so it could get down the drain,but no water in the house :T. Bashed all my lovely flowers though,they look very bedraggled.At least I don't need to water today though.Luckily we werent having a bbq last night :D

I'm glad to hear Nelski is doing ok,hope youre home soon and have a swift recovery xxx

Camelot, I was so pleased to hear you've met your DGC :j

We had a lovely time with ourDGC at the weekend,collecting some little rocks from the river that they painted when we got back.

The house needs a really good tidy,its been sadly neglected while it's been so nice.Going to hang the bedding out in a mo.DH painted the gate and fence in the front garden,it was looking a bit shabby.We'll probably do the back too,even though we havent heard if anything is going to happen yet.We figure if it looks nice the Ptb might be more inclined to go in our favour.When we were sat out on Sat I heard a lady from the letting agency talking with a gardener about tidying next doors garden-they too have the dreaded tall conifers which are spreading out too far.I must go in and rescue a couple of planters.Our lovely young neighbour said she didnt want to take them when they moved out and I could have anything I wanted.

Right better get on with it,its pretty warm again already,but fresher after the downpour so I dont want to spend too long doing housework :o Hope you all have a good day and the poorlies soon feel better xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have changed our bed and tge bedlinen is nearly ready for the line. I've got wet hair, too hot to dry it after the shower and I must get it cut off. I tend to reach this decision from time to time, once I can tuck it into my knickers at the back it is too long.

I might start scrubbage in the bathroom now. Then carry on with my bear as I want that done by Thursday.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Silver-oldie please let both the restaurant and council food safety team know about your food poisoning so that any issues can be addressed. Hope you feel better soon xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :wave:

I had a rubbish night's sleep and feel awful now so I will try and grab a nana nap in a bit. A lot of my sleepless night was because my sister who lives in Wales came to visit my other sisters and mum over the weekend and I only found out because of some Facebook posts. I am so fed up of always being left out of family stuff. I thought things were improving but obviously not. I feel so hurt and upset. I don't think I am too bad a person and my own family are lovely on the whole but we always get left out of events. I would have loved to spend time with my sister and her daughters but they were too busy it seems. Sorry if I sound self pitying but this has been going on all my life and I am still not used to it.

Becky is still in bed after a bad night but I will get her up in a minute as I want her to get back into a routine for doing some school work. Phoebe and Lilly have gone to school/college so it is very peaceful here at the moment. The grandchildren came round this morning before school and they will be over after school tomorrow and Wednesday which will be lovely.

Apart from a couple of appointments I haven't left the house in a few months now so I will have to work on that again. I even cancelled my doctor's appointment this afternoon because I panicked at the thought of going to the surgery. Also, I can't bear the thought of finding out something else is wrong with me so I'm just not going. Talk about sticking your head in the ground, just call me Mrs Ostrich.

Leftovers for tea tonight so all I have to do is make a salad to go with them. Just as well really as I have no energy to think about cooking, it is so hot here today.

Well, sorry for the whinging, I do feel a bit pathetic today. Hope you all have a good day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whinge away dumpling, if it helps you to let off steam. Families are a PITA aren't they. I haven't seen 3 of my brothers since mum's funeral 4 years ago.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Aw DUMPLING you need a big ((HUG)) so whinge and sound off all you want if it helps. I do my share on here. And share your pain re families. I am talking here Mr TA's sisters, especially the Me Me one! My own DB and Mr TA's DB are different altogether and keep in contact to see how he is keeping. In fact his DB has just left after an unexpected visit.

I am just simmering away here after a phone call to the surgery and a !!!! up was revealed about the prescription I have been chasing up for a week! It was done last Monday apparently and has since gone missing! They are doing it again and I am going to collect it shortly. But will it be there I wonder? I am prepared to do battle! Your life in their hands eh!

SILVER OLDIE I hope you soon feel better. xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure