PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 11th June 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone :hello:

Camelot it's great news that the visit to DS1 went so well and that you got to see your grandchildren, I'm so pleased for you

I spoke to Nelski yesterday and she said that she was doing ok. Then late afternoon she let me know that she needs to have an x-ray today and if that is ok she will be discharged today. She was getting bored and was looking forward to getting home so if all is well with the x-ray today and she is allowed home she will be really pleased.

I don’t have any set plans for today other than calling in at a supermarket because I’ve got a real craving for a prawn salad. I suddenly fancied this yesterday but unfortunately not until after the shops had closed.

Last week I put a pair of shoes into the menders to be repaired and must remember to pick them up. I keep walking past the shop and forgetting.

I noticed yesterday that there are a lot of weeds coming through between the cracks on the side path so I will also try and deal with them today.

The kettle is calling, so have a good day everyone.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Hollyharvey and all.

Grump has left for work, the hounds are a little unsettled so I'm waiting for them to settle down again before I try and catch up with the rest of my sleep.

Camelot I'm so pleased you are back in your Grandchildrens lives now. I too am estranged from two of my Grandchildren. Actually Eldest is too. It suits their Mother, that's all I can say on the matter. However, not so long back one of my estranged Grandchildren found me on Instagram and added me. He tried to add me on Facebook but his account was deleted soon after. I saw him coming back from school not so long back and he waved. I hardly know his brother as my Son and his Mother split up shortly after he was born. The Mother is now on her 6th child with her 3rd boyfriend and she's only 27.

Nelski thinking of you. Hope your recovery is going well.

Diva day today. Love my little Diva I do...even if she does cry a lot. I think its more out of frustration if anything...if she can't have what she wants or can't get her own way, she's very vocal about it and vocal for ages after.

Right, Youngest has just left for work, hounds are settled so I'm going to try and shut my eyes for an hour.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Monday again! Washing is in, should be ok to hang out today. House could probably do with a dust and hoover but couldn't be bothered yesterday, read a book for most of the day (then I fell asleep for an hour or so!). I did manage to rake up moss and cut the grass.

Swimming, work, yoga and dentist today, must remember to put my toothbrush in my bag!

Hope everyone is OK and the sun shines for you. Take care. XX
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, looks like another lovely day.

Camelot, I've seen your news, that's really lovely.

I seem to have caught a cold, feel fine but cough, snuffle, sneeze, I think my body is getting rid of stress in a strange kind of way. Kleene* will not go out of business this week.

I slept for 7 hours, amazing. I did go to bed at a very unreasonably early hour though.

Best wishes for Nelski, hope she gets home today.

Have a good day everyone
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun is shining and sky quite clear. I'll water the plants and greenhouse before I go to work.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, he requested pancakes for brekkie - he spotted the LO batter in the fridge.

Lunch yesterday was roast pork, lovely it was too, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, peas, yorkshires and gravy. Tonight will be fish, chips, beans/veg or smoked sausage and mushroom pasta with creme fraiche sauce - I can choose later.

Yesterday we visited my parents as we'd missed them the day before and then came home and got going with sorting stuff to sell at the yard sale next week. So my house resembles a complete state now as we've had to sort stuff. If we can sell half or most of it that will be excellent.

Back to work today for me, not sure what sort of day we'll get - we'll see.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, fingers crossed for Nelski.
    CHS is working the early shift, so I'll do the school run after I've dropped him at work then back here to do house work.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone

Back from a few days away on th Isle of Wight, had a lovely time. Now planning our menus in what comes off the allotment, so need to do freezer check to check we have plenty of chicken etc.

gym, swim and making a cake for art class tonight, and catch up for coffee with friends this afternoon.

Hugs to those who need them, for poorlies and poorly relations.
    Carolbee
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Grrr I have just lost a post of waffle! Where do they disappear to, I never find them again.

Pleased to hear NELSKI is doing ok and hope she is allowed home today after the x ray.

I thought we were going to get rain last night as the sky really darkened, after another glorious day, but all we got were a few spits and spots and that was it! We really need some for the gardens. The window cleaner said last week it is over 5 weeks since we had any hereabouts. A record I'm sure. However, apparently that will change towards the end of the week!

I have a funeral today. The dad of my oldest friend. He was 105 and a lovely chap. I used to go to their house a lot after school and in the holidays and admired him so much. Her mum had MS and was in a wheelchair and he did everything, with the help of the 2 girls, as well as working.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) where wanted/needed. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning chums and another Monday morning ahead. warm but cloudy at the moment and lots to do today Book club this morning and a U3A coordinators meeting this afternoon(but we do get a free thank you afternoon tea in Dobbies :))so that takes care of today plus popping in to make sure my DGS are ok after school DGS Jack is doing his main philosophy 'A' level this morning so he will be in need of some TLC after school ( and a wee bit of spoiling )
    carolbee glad you had a nice few days onthe IoW only 67 days until we are off there for our family holiday for two weeks (not that I am looking forward to it or anything :))

Good to know hopefully Nelski will soon be out of the hospital and back home again.

TA hope today goes as well as possible for you, and you can remember what sounds like a lovely chap.

I am going to have a go at the green pepper stuffed with diced mushroom and grated cheese and topped with dried stuffing mix for dinner tonight (thanks for the recipes chums ) A good way to use up the always left over green peppers.

Right time the kettle was on and I got a wriggle on.I managed to get alomost all of my ironing done last night ,just a few bits left that can wait for another evening.

Cheers chums have a good Monday, my eldest DD starts her new job today so I have my fingers crossed for her

JackieO xxx
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off Holly

Camelot great news

Nelski hope you get home today

Been reading along but not posted as I have not been feeling well. Went for lunch last Thursday. in a well known restaurant chain, and have food poisoning. Spent Thursday evening in the bathroom and the rest of the time lying on the bed or sofa. Still unable to eat. I know I need to loose a few lbs but this is a bit too drastic.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure