£1 London Hoxton hotel rooms

Options

Comments

• ukmonkey
    ukmonkey Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How many moaners do we reckon we'll get, saying it is a con etc, just because they weren't lucky enough to get one??

Place your bets...!
  • colmil
    colmil Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Options
    I hate these 'trendy' websites, can someone tell me how to find the usual rate on their website, please?
    Filiss
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure what is trendy about it? The rate varies, so just click on the night that you are looking at to get the relevant night.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • ukmonkey
    Options
    I think I might know what s/he means.

You have to click the day you want to check in, and the day you want to check out, and it'll give you the price.

HTH's.
  • laurrie
    Options
    Any advice gratefully rcvd, Ive never attempted to book a £1 room before, so can anyone help me, I would like to know the following, are the rooms available for specific dates? I have downloaded the htp thingy, and it goes straight thru to the rooms booking form, so are there only specific dates that you can get the deal on? and what is the second reccomendation about downloading another tool to practice filling in before? What does that do? Im not very comp savvy haha, any more advice???? Thanks
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    Options
    This email just popped into my inbox at work so I just thought I post it as it seems to have a bit more info on the sale:

Subject: Hoxton Hotel £1 Room Sale
    Good morning,
    With rising energy prices, the alleged credit crunch and lots of rain, we thought we would try and brighten up your day by letting you know that our next £1 sale will take place on the 24th January at 12 Noon.
    We have 500 rooms at £1 and 500 rooms at £29 available; that’s 5 rooms each night at £1 and 5 rooms at £29 available every day from the 1st February to 30th April 2008.
    During our last sale, in October, we made some improvement to our on-line booking system but, sadly, it is still not perfect. Please bear with us – we continue to work with our technology partner to make the system easier to use.
    To make the sale as fair as possible, you are only allowed to book one room, for one night at £1. If we find anyone misbehaving, we will cancel all their bookings.
    In previous sales, we have had over 200,000 people trying to book these rooms. We are expecting a similar amount of traffic during this sale so you may not be successful. However we still have other bargains available including:
    · Rooms for just £79 over the Easter weekend
    · All Sundays in June are currently just £30
    To help make the process easier and to try and reduce confusion we have provided a clearstep-by-step guide of how to book (click here for the full details.) The quicker you are the luckier you will be...
    All the best for 2008.

David Taylor
    General Manager

The Hoxton. 81 Great Eastern St. London, EC2A 3HU. UK
    Registered in England and Wales with company number 03850699.
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • ukmonkey
    Options
    Cheers Beate, original post updated.
  • ukmonkey
    Options
    Not long now....!
  • miss-piggin
    Options
    does anyone know if they accpet payment by Solo as I don't have any other cards?
    miss-piggin :j Mum of 2 wonderful girls and a gorgeous little man.DFW Halifax£2330 Tesco£2576 Virgin£3238 Little£5468 Asda£242 Barc£240 Catalogue£1600 Halifax1£2k Halifax2£250 [STRIKE]Capital£100 Picture£53k GE Mo £30k. Mortgage1 £135k. TOTAL £236044.
  • gentlepurr
    gentlepurr Posts: 4,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well, in for a penny, in for a pound, i'll have a stab at getting a room, either £1 or £29, still a good deal.

What i am wondering though, i want 4 consectutive nights, so will i be able to book 4 nights? and what if each of the four nights comes up at a reduced rate? will i be disqualified just because thats what rate the site is set to?

Ive just done a dummy run for my 4 nights, its comming up at £719 atm!!:eek:

xx
    "It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport