Cheapest (or free) Microsoft office?

Options

Comments

• stragglebod
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    Am too late to the party but sometimes employers can get MS Office for their employees; think it’s £11.99 these days.
    Not any more. You can now only get a small discount off Office 365 subscriptions.

£60 a year for 1 person, £80 a year for a household.

These were 'exciting changes' if I recall the email I got about it correctly.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    For a permanent copy and none of this 1 year payment thing, which Office version should you be looking at, be it on eBay or otherwise?
  • stragglebod
    Options
    Improvements from 2013 to 2016 and then 2016 to 2019 were marginal, so any of those three should be fine.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not any more. You can now only get a small discount off Office 365 subscriptions.

£60 a year for 1 person, £80 a year for a household.

These were 'exciting changes' if I recall the email I got about it correctly.

That's not even a discount. They are Microsoft normal prices for a year's subscripfion
  • dogmaryxx
    dogmaryxx Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For a permanent copy and none of this 1 year payment thing, which Office version should you be looking at, be it on eBay or otherwise?

Download Office 2019 and activate(lifetime) with simple VB scriipt.
  • dipsomaniac
    Options
    just downloaded and activated office 2019 pro plus one time licence for £2.80 from ebay
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • Rotor
    Rotor Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    just downloaded and activated office 2019 pro plus one time licence for £2.80 from ebay

what's the downside of doing this ? Can Microsoft recognise and deactivate these codes? so that at anytime in the future you could find yourself without Office?

i note the cheap sellers on ebay are all recent and low feedback sellers
  • Undervalued
    Options

If it sounds too good to be true then it almost certainly is too good to be true.....
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rotor wrote: »
    so that at anytime in the future you could find yourself without Office?
    All you'd have to do is get back onto Ebay and spend another couple of pounds on buying another dodgy code.
  • dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2019 at 9:26AM
    Options
    Rotor wrote: »
    what's the downside of doing this ?

Its a onetime licence so you can't use twice
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure