Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• Onefortheroad
    Options
    Hello jwil, thought I'd pop over and say hello to you on your diary, which I must say I have just finished reading. It's so interesting to read about how people's lives carry on and the debt just becomes a part of it, rather than all consuming like it is at the start of the journey. I like the amounts you put to things as well - every penny matters and soon builds up.
    Wishing you a good day
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the sales, and the bargains.

Hope you're feeling better soon

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    Options
    Hello jwil, thought I'd pop over and say hello to you on your diary, which I must say I have just finished reading. It's so interesting to read about how people's lives carry on and the debt just becomes a part of it, rather than all consuming like it is at the start of the journey. I like the amounts you put to things as well - every penny matters and soon builds up.
    Wishing you a good day

:wave: Thanks for popping in onefortherad :) That's brave to read through my waffling :rotfl:

You are right, it's lovely that life goes on once things settle down. I wish I'd got in touch with SC sooner rather than spending years robbing peter to pay paul and being so stressed about it. A couple of years ago my recent eBay 'dry spell' would have put me in a complete panic, wondering how I was going to pay for anything, but now it's more of an annoyance that I don't have the extra cash and not decluttering stuff!

The pads make me feel like I'm paying something off and help keep me motivated. It's been hard not having any spare cash to make them!
    Well done on the sales, and the bargains.

Hope you're feeling better soon

x

Thank you. I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon thankfully :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    I've had my letter about the lost account. It's a joint savings account for DH and I. I don't know if there's anything in there, but I'm guessing not as it was from when we were saving to buy a house. I expect we emptied it once we did! We have to go in and show ID to get further information. I think we've got a branch in town, hope so!

I've cashed out £4 in amazon vouchers today as well.

Little jwil sorted out his superheroes and has decided to let one go. The rest are now handily displayed on the back of his bedroom door in the shoe rack :T
  • AdventureWanted
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    I've had my letter about the lost account. It's a joint savings account for DH and I. I don't know if there's anything in there, but I'm guessing not as it was from when we were saving to buy a house. I expect we emptied it once we did! We have to go in and show ID to get further information. I think we've got a branch in town, hope so!

I've cashed out £4 in amazon vouchers today as well.

Little jwil sorted out his superheroes and has decided to let one go. The rest are now handily displayed on the back of his bedroom door in the shoe rack :T

Hi Jwil, Is it a survey site you use to get amazon vouchers?
    I wish DC1 was as good as Little Jwil at letting toys go. He's got a stash of superhero action figures he doesn't play with, which he insists he wants to keep! If I don't see him play with them in the next week or two I'll eBay them!!
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    Debt at highest - £43,148.59
    Current debt - £18,880.00
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
    PAYDBX 2021 - #29 Pd £2,355 / £8,000 PAYDBX 2020 - Pd £6,459.00 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • jwil
    Options
    Hi Jwil, Is it a survey site you use to get amazon vouchers?
    I wish DC1 was as good as Little Jwil at letting toys go. He's got a stash of superhero action figures he doesn't play with, which he insists he wants to keep! If I don't see him play with them in the next week or two I'll eBay them!!

Yes, I get the amazon vouchers from survey sites. Those ones came from Ipsos, they have recently added £2 vouchers which is great as you can cash out regularly!

Little jwil can be quite harsh, then he reclaims items when he sees us trying to sell them at a boot sale. He also remembers EVERYTHING so it's hard to sneak things out! He does get the money for his toys, so it's motivation for him. It's so frustrating when they insist on keeping things they don't use, DH is the worst for that :rotfl:
  • jwil
    Options
    Trying to plough my way through toys again today. It's awful!

Little jwil keeps getting distracted and playing, which is fair enough, but I've built up a big pile to get rid of, and have nowhere to put it, and it also means I've got no room to further sort!

I think I've had enough for today so going to try and clean back now, and hopefully carry on next week. We've certainly made progress.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You definitely have made progress. Well done jwil. And you're totally right about taking control going to step change. As long as you keep going you're winning :) xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    You definitely have made progress. Well done jwil. And you're totally right about taking control going to step change. As long as you keep going you're winning :) xxx

Thank you lovely :) xx
  • jwil
    Options
    Another two items sold, so another pad :T :T

Today's pads:

£1.53 to Mortgage
    £1.00 to debt savings
    £1.91 to em savings
    £0.00 to car savings