Advice on condensate

Options
Hi, my boiler condensate I have been told is not terminated, it runs straight out into land but not into a soak away, does a condensate pipe have regulations as to where they can run and is onto communal land against those
All help would be gratefully appreciated as I don’t want to be contaminating land and have been told I need a soak away

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 April 2018 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Hi - welcome to the forum. The issue is the acidity of the condensate. This article might help:

https://www.wte-ltd.co.uk/condensing_boilers.html

Further reading suggests that BS 7698:[STRIKE]2009[/STRIKE] 2014 applies.

Some further comment:

Soakaway imperatives

The use of a soakaway not only provides a drain outlet but, more importantly, provides neutralisation. BS 6798 calls for a 400mm deep hole with a 300mm diameter and a preformed plastic drain pot. If installed correctly, the soakaway should include around 25kg of lime chippings to provide both adequate drainage and neutralisation. A Geotextile membrane liner is also recommended to prevent soil and root ingress into the soakaway.

The pipework to a soakaway should be treated in the same way as other external pipe and insulated accordingly.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Emcla7 wrote: »
    I would check and double check, I!!!8217;ve seen some people who give all the talk like they know but are still wrong, you can have all the qualifications but still have no idea.
    Anyone that has issues with you double checking should find something better to do than be sarky as one day when they are asking advice they may just get that sort of attitude back.....
    Easy to be rude behind a keypad

I know MSE asks us to give newbies a chance, but this as a second post? :eek:

Easy to put users on ignore too!

:cool:
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strange to have resurrected a year-old post too.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5642926&page=2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport