Debt Free By 2019?

Options

Comments

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yay to the car :cool: It must feel so good... Very brave going on the motorway, I think I would need a few months to get myself geared (get it? hahaha) up for it. I think it's worth getting into work early to miss the busy commute... I go in early just because the train I get is less busy and much more enjoyable!
    Eek to the spider :eek: I am not a fan! When I was young I used to see spiders and my dad would go as if he was going to put them out the window but then would come at me with them and it still gives me the fear! Might be why I have some trust issues :rotfl:

Well done on completing the module :) and good luck with the bath! Hope it is enjoyable and decidedly spider-free
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Hey, saw your venting thread *hugs* sounds stressful but hope you're doing ok.
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi lonelyrat thanks for stopping by :)
    I don't usually vent online ha ha but just needed to get it out! Been a bit distracted lately but hoping my motivation kicks back in :)

Going to take the car for a full service next month so going to set myself a challenge to raise the money for that and see what I can do! Target is £154, there were some a little cheaper but they gave me the best overall cost for the service and then a small repair that was on the MOT advisory the following month too :)

Will be on properly over the weekend when to catch up on challenges and diaries etc so will swing by yours then :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    I think venting online can be healthy. I know I find writing down everything that happens in my day very therapeutic... And if OH annoys me I am sure he will get written about too :o

Good luck with the car service fund!
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    I am back and I am feeling motivated! The sun is shining, I've had my morning coffee, and I feel good!

Went to the gym yesterday and over the weekend decided to set myself some small goals each week to try and achieve bigger goals. My goals/jobs for this week are:

- Sign up to a website to meet new friends (this will be a biggie for me, I don't have many friends since I left my last job to work in a job where I work alone, so don't really do much other than see OH)
    - Make an extra payment to a debt and payment into savings (no matter how small)
    - Try meditation (not something I would normally try but who knows it may be good)
    - Gym twice & run twice (need to get back into shape)
    - Try a new hairstyle (have barely shoulder length hair that I cannot do a lot with so that should be interesting)

I am currently waiting for a PA cashout that I requested on Friday, normally goes into my paypal account on the same day, but hopefully will be in tomorrow by the latest. If I do that and pay in my £7 in 5ps and coppers I have at home to the bank, I should have a whole £15 in my car service fund tomorrow :rotfl:
    I will be doing part 3 of a 3 part study this week though that pays a bonus £4 for having done all 3 parts so that will be £5 from PA this week too!
    I guess I will be pretty much ebaying to try and make up the rest of the money and put aside money from NSD's where I can :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Had a lovely day yesterday OH picked me up from work and we drove to his, on the way he said his neighbour had mentioned the local nature reserve we have been meaning to check out can be accessed from literally around the corner so we took a stroll up and it's so nice! Lots of trails for walking which was surprising considering he doesn't live in the biggest of places, and looks like we could easily spend most of a day walking. We were going to drive up to a water centre with a huuuuuge lake to practice for our 100km walk in September but we may well end up walking round the nature reserve for hours instead :)

Not much MSE to report small payout from PA waiting for another little bit to come and will cash in my change at the bank tomorrow (and try not to look like a completely poor person :rotfl: )

Going for a run/walk when I get in from work, and will be going to the gym before work tomorrow too so that's one each of my exercise jobs for the week. Once I've got properly back into the habit of it, it'll be really easy to stick to it's just forming the habit again in the first place!

Signed up to a few more survey sites and there's a website testing site I keep meaning to finish my registration for which I'll do tonight, and signed up on a Focus Group website too! Just plodding along for now :)
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Yay to feeling motivated! I really like your goals idea. I think I sometimes either focus in too much on the day to day OR set goals for way, way into the future. I think weekly goals are deffo a good idea :cool:

The nature reserve sounds lovely :)
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    It was really lovely but I think I'd still prefer to go to the water centre as there's a cafe about half way round so requires less carrying of food lol :)

Totally forgot to bring in my change for the bank today as I just about managed to force myself to the gym (i very very very nearly just stayed in bed :rotfl: ) so will put it in my bag tonight to make sure I have it for tomorrow instead. Literally the only reason I persuaded myself to get up was the pure lack of traffic at 6.15 am as opposed to 7.30 am although admittedly as it is light in the morning it doesn't feel as early :)

£3.75 study done on PA today and will have the 3rd part of a study tomorrow for £1 + bonus £4.00 so thats £8.75 across two days, so by Tuesday next week I should have around £30 at least in my car service pot - not loads but around 20% so better that nothing!
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Yeah I hope they agree to it, I can still afford it paying £450 then sorting it, but I think it would be the right thing for them to do considering they didn't mention it when I went to look.

Ah I know what you mean I fully feel at the age of 26 I should not be having skin problems :mad:

Haha i am 38 and i occasionally get out breaks when i am tired or run down. Have you tried distilled witch hazel on them??
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Haha i am 38 and i occasionally get out breaks when i am tired or run down. Have you tried distilled witch hazel on them??

No I can't say that I've ever heard of it! Is it good then? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure