* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, phew it is very very hot here it was 26 degrees at 9 am this morning :eek:

PEPPAPIG have a lovely time with your friends I had visions of you turning up in just the shoes and bag then :rotfl: pity I have not got movies 24

VULPIX hope the hospital appt went ok, mine was very short and sweet plus bloods I was out within an hour!! My kids love tapas that will be great. Loving that you are doing a Christmas tree skirt haha

MRSINVISIBLE yayay you must be so excited to see them all, don't wear yourself out with preparations though. I am lazy I can easily sit still watching films :o

04624181 I hope your back is easing off now and you have not done damage to your discs. Thankyou for the offer again about advice with the colitis I will know where to come if I need advice its all quite settled on these meds with just days here and there where its hard to manage. I hope the trial helps DH that would be great for him

MURIE hope you are having fun today at the good food show

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow I've finally caught up! Spent the past few days reading several pages. That'll teach me to go so long without reading/posting.

Hello then everyone. Glad to see you're all still here. :hello:

Update on the heart front: Am gradually coming off the medication they think is causing the high HR (Can't come off straight away. Withdrawal symptoms! :eek:). If doing that hasn't improved matters I'll probably be referred to a cardiologist. What fun. :rotfl:

I'm still volunteering every week. And since I was on last I've been on holiday with my parents and sister. Down south for a week, was very nice. But quite tiring because we stayed somewhere up 5 flights of stairs. :rotfl:

I'm having ideas for Christmas presents now. But currently fairly ahead with birthdays! Must write down all the ideas I'm having before I forget them all come Autumn. ;)

Will be back soon. I promise. :p
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 June 2017 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Hello good people of Christmas land.

Remind me again about me asking for some of your hot weather?

I can't get anything done! too hot for gardening,too hot for painting!

Clumsy,Lets hope coming off the drugs will sort the problem.5 flights of stairs!!!
    like a fitness boot camp.

Did have a day out with DD1 on Monday.She rents a house with her BF in Sheffield.She wants to brighten up her yard.We went pot and plant shopping.B&Q are very good at reducing plants.Mostly because they dont look after them too well and most are just thirsty.She had a great haul of pots and plants for £40.I can't believe she is asking my advice on anything.Good old Mum.Mind she has to do all my I T jobs.:) Tonight we are going over to help her plant up.

Step son came and fixed the gate to the wall,not painted yet.

Yesterday we sorted out DD2's bedroom.2 loads of washing found and loads of glasses and tea spoons recovered.Masses of rubbish binned and stacks of clothes and shoes for the fancy carboot.We have yet to do her bookcase and another set of drawers.So there are about 20 odd socks.Where are the others????????????????????

DD2 has gone with school to visit a college today.She has no clue what she would like to do.I wish she could leave school and get a job in a shop or something.Not everyone has the inclination for further education. Finding clothes for this prompted the clean out of her room.She likes owning clothes but wears the same old jeans and tee shirt all the time.I find this hard as Me n her sister lurve clothes.DD1 is proud of the fact that she never wore the same outfit twice at 6th form.:rotfl:

DD1 gave me some clothes of mine that I had given her for a carboot last year. Ooo like free shopping,why did I get rid? wore one top yesterday.

Laters Vx
     :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning all! I wrote a post yesterday and lost it, no idea how! lol
    Well I had to admit defeat, ended up in tears climbing the stairs on my hands and knees on friday and saturday. Have had a trip to see a locum Dr who gave me a sick note for 2 weeks and a cocktail of stronger drugs that makes me fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Pain is still there but the edge is taken off with the tablets. There is no way I can stay off for 2 weeks! I am climbing the walls with boredom already.

Vulpix- Lady you amaze me! I wish I had your get up and go
    Peppa- sounds like an amazing day with the grandkids.
    Free- The weather has been lovely and Im lay on my bed thinking about how much washing I could of had out on the line lol
    Clumsy42- Lovely to see you back. Hope they manage to get you sorted out. I have been watching some christmas vlogs to try and get some fun gift ideas for the kids.

I am debating getting us all new stockings with our names embroidered on this year. Really been concentrating on christmas this week as its been cheering me up.
    Want to get some more fun games for the kids as we love laying games.
    May swap things around this year, may have my mum and sister for breakfast this year and see if my dad wants to come for chrsitmas dinner. We will see.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning everyone, omg I cant stand this heat anymore its just too hot for me, and the poor dog is struggling. I hope you ladies who love it are enjoying it.

CLUMSY I hope they get your meds sorted as quick as possible, glad you enjoyed your holiday although a bit tiring

VULPIX I wish I had your energy :rotfl: Isnt it lovely having a really big clearout very cathartic

04624181 oh my lovely take care of yourself it sounds agony, don't worry about the washing just concentrate on getting your back better
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • vulpix
    Options
    0462 I feel your pain,I really do.Rest a while,it might give whatever you have upset a chance to calm down.Reduce swelling or whatever.Just think as today is the longest day,we are on the home straight to Christmas from tomorrow.Please look after yourself.

Vxxxxxxxxx
     :
    Options
    Morning all,
    Can confirm the diazapan is definitely working! I can be reading/on laptop and then I face plant the pillow for 2 hours lol.
    Pain has eased off, going to knock the diazapan off today and reduce the co codamol just so I can let Dr know how it is truly feeling tomorrow. Another day laying on my bed ding christmas research. I do keep getting up and walking around upstairs, also doing my physio exercises.
    Getting very excited watching youtube christmas vlogs for ideas. Going to make it an amazing year!
    free- Thank you for your message, we are so used to taking care of everybody I forget how to just sit and relax.
    Vulpix- I know you know how I feel, I feel like when the pain wins I am being soft. I plough through it and end up immobilisied. when will i learn lol. I lost hours on ebay and alibabaexpress yesterday. Getting excited xx
  • vulpix
    Options
    0462 You are not being soft,good luck at the Dr's.

Now canny shoppers,last year I remember seeing square LP sized frames in one of the pound shops I think.Couldn't think of a use for them at the time and now they are just what I want for DD2's birthday.She has bought some LP's! Just to collect,not play.So if anyone sees any frames please give me a shout.There are no shops like that where I live.Ikea have them but I would rather go cheaper if I could.We are going to surprise her with some of our old picture discs framed for her birthday.She will also be getting her Mum's jewellery box and a picture I will make with 1p's one for every year since she was born.Not found a 2017 one yet.

I had to take DD1's car to the garage today so took the opportunity whilst waiting to buy a bag DD2 always admires when we are out.(for birthday)

I am glad it is cooler,I intend to do some painting tomorrow.

Vx
     :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    FREE you can relax, the red shoes and bag were well accessorised with clothing :D Glad to see you posting.

CLUMSY, nice to see you back. Good luck with the med reduction, hope it sorts the heart rate out but if it doesn't make sure you push to get it investigated, don't let anyone fob you off.

VULPIX, hope the planting up went well with DD1. The Range do frames like Ikea but cheaper, I'm going there this week at some point so I'll have a look for you. What size do you need? I got rid of all my LPs ages ago so can't measure one.

0462, how is the pain now? Are you still resting? Don't reduce the pain meds too soon, I did that after my surgery and I def wouldn't do it again lol.

Had a fabulous day at Ascot for Ladies Day on Thursday, the executive coach was lovely and we had shortbread, cherries and drinks as soon as we boarded, champagne all the way, a lovely lunch with white tablecloths and China when we got there then cheese, biscuits and fruit when we started back and then lovely little hot sausages, yum! Ascot was great although some areas a bit less upmarket than I'd expected. I saw the Queen in real life, which I didn't think mattered to me but actually did, and the horses and atmosphere were amazing. Unfortunately I also saw a fight, which apparently never happens, think it was reported in some of the papers. Def the fault of one party, some people should really not be allowed out. We might be going again next year and if we do I'm definitely sticking to the classier areas. Saw some lovely outfits, and a few frightful ones. :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    Went back to see my GP yesterday, not great news. he suspects herniated disc at L1/L2 level.Am on strict bed rest and have to check back in with GP every 2 weeks.
    The kids at school each wrote me a get well soon card. 30 cards with amazing messages, had me in tears!
    Got electrician/joiner here so its not very peaceful lol.
    House looks like a bomb has hit it and my OCD is making me twitch as all I want to do is clean up. Im being good though and have not moved from bed. Doing the exercises I know by heart from physio as I have already been here twice before. Have told them if it does not go back in ( they usually say if it hasnt gone back in within 6 weeks then it probably wont) then I will not have surgery.

On a brighter note, im watching hallmark christmas movies and christmas vlogs on youtube to cheer me up.

Vulpix- I remember seeing some LP frames in home bargains a while ago. will ask my mum to check when she next goes in.
    Peppa- I can confirm I am resting as I really do not want to have to go through all this spinal stuff again. want to give the disc the best chance I can to repair. I have increased my painkillers again so I can be more comfortable.

hope everybody else is ok xx

Am looking at christmas trees as we trashed ours last year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure