Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;)

Options

Comments

• sonjaday
    sonjaday Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lost2 and John1963

Congratulations, both on the Leader Board at the finish with over 3000 points each. Well done!. :beer:
  • MollyR
    MollyR Posts: 2,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Lost2 wrote: »
    John you where on the same team as myself and someone else that post here I was on the leader board Ive just looked and am still on there :)

I was on that team too - I started off on the leader board, but then slipped down, and ended up on a score of 2596. I enjoyed the fact that there were no ludicrously high scorers, so it all seemed honest and straightforward - I never understood how people could get scores in five figures!

No sign of the swag-ups yet, though. :-(
  • John1963
    John1963 Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Step 1 - 2 SB

Step 2 - 8 SB

Notes: (1) Everything working ok (2) I think I get banned from desktop watch when I log on on 2 devices at once - I have noticed that when I use my laptop I get chucked out immediately and can't access for a number of days a all. (3) Still no Team Challenge SwagUp, which is odd.
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MollyR wrote: »
    I was on that team too - I started off on the leader board, but then slipped down, and ended up on a score of 2596. I enjoyed the fact that there were no ludicrously high scorers, so it all seemed honest and straightforward - I never understood how people could get scores in five figures!

I thought that was you Molly :) as you say I have often wondered how people can get 30000 in just a few days plus it was a very close run with us and another team usually you can tell who is going to win :) so well done everyone it was a good team challenge :j
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've got a lot going on at the moment and have struggled a bit to keep up to date with which prepaid Mastercards I've added to my wallet etc.

However, I can't seem to access the card for the last order to be fulfilled by Swagbucks which was on 27.06.19. The previous 2 fulfilled orders state that they've already been added to the wallet so I assume this is the case but the one fulfilled on 27.06.19 doesn't say that but then when I sign in it directs me to a card already added to my wallet and looking at the transactions it was added on 20.06.19.

I requested a re-send of the email from Swagbucks just in case that made any difference but still ends up at the card already added to my wallet.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas? Thought I'd check if others have any experience of this before I cause myself more frustration contacting Swagbucks about it!
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    John1963 wrote: »
    Step 1 - 2 SB

Step 2 - 8 SB

Notes: (1) Everything working ok (2) I think I get banned from desktop watch when I log on on 2 devices at once - I have noticed that when I use my laptop I get chucked out immediately and can't access for a number of days a all. (3) Still no Team Challenge SwagUp, which is odd.

I tried to run Watch from my computer and my iPad but it just slowed down on my iPad then stoped the next day on my computer I found I had to manually play watch :( I wonder what happens if there is more than one person in a family who do SB and there doing watch at the same time
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • John1963
    John1963 Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lost2 wrote: »
    I..... often wondered how people can get 30000 in just a few days ....

I can only think that when that happens the person is doing something dodgy as they rarely, if ever, explain what they are doing to hit the dizzy heights.

I was one of the high earners once but had an advantage because unusually points were awarded for CrowdFlower task completions, As a level 3 user, I had access to many tasks not available to those that had only joined through the Team Challenge link and there was no way they could get to the top level in the time available. There was an easy task up at the time that took little effort. The difference was that I was open about what I was doing and shared my knowledge, which helped people outside of the challenge.

Interestingly another person appeared suddenly on the leader board who generated literally thousands of team points in a matter of seconds. He didn't explain what he was doing although he did respond to discussion board comments. He ended up getting chucked off and the teams points total was adjusted.

The good thing about the Challenges is the learning experience; I've got loads of tips out of them over the years but it relies on people sharing knowledge through the board, which doesn't always happen.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MollyR wrote: »

There will almost certainly be a "redeem a gift card" square on the swago starting tomorrow so once the swag-up is in and the swago is live you can complete the square and use the swag-up with one redemption.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    chels wrote: »
    I've got a lot going on at the moment and have struggled a bit to keep up to date with which prepaid Mastercards I've added to my wallet etc.

However, I can't seem to access the card for the last order to be fulfilled by Swagbucks which was on 27.06.19. The previous 2 fulfilled orders state that they've already been added to the wallet so I assume this is the case but the one fulfilled on 27.06.19 doesn't say that but then when I sign in it directs me to a card already added to my wallet and looking at the transactions it was added on 20.06.19.

I requested a re-send of the email from Swagbucks just in case that made any difference but still ends up at the card already added to my wallet.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas? Thought I'd check if others have any experience of this before I cause myself more frustration contacting Swagbucks about it!

Look for the You Chose a Mastercard email.
    It should have the details of the card as well as links to the balance in it.
    I always write down the long number, the expiry date and security code when the card generates, which if you can keep it securely does avoid the problem of not being able to find the code from the wallet.
    It also makes it easy to input it from the paper into a website to make a payment with it, especially if it does not want you changing screens when making a secure payment .I also scribble it over when I use it which makes it easy to see on the paper which ones are still live.
  • squiggles
    squiggles Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2019 at 3:07PM
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    There will almost certainly be a "redeem a gift card" square on the swago starting tomorrow so once the swag-up is in and the swago is live you can complete the square and use the swag-up with one redemption.

This is Monday’s swago board
    31b8dc8d-e3f1-4e51-a0a3-25178ff6b7c2https://i.imgur.com/wNXzBmN.png

Copy and paste, my links not working.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills