BuyMobiles.Net

Options
Morning All,
I am having issues with my current phone on contract which has a few months left, I am in a position to pay off the remainder of the contract.
When looking for an upgrade I found some company’s via uswitch one being buymobiles.net
They are considerably cheaper than Carphone warehouse and going direct to the suppliers.
I am wondering what they are like, any good or bad experiences. My main concern is how can they offer a 24pm contract including a tariff when the phone is worth £800 and the tariff works out to be £160 Carphone warehouse can’t get anywhere near them.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Never used them myself but they do have good reviews on trust pilot so can't be that bad.
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/buymobiles.net
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's not a cashback contract is it - nothing wrong with them but you need to remember to claim exactly as per their T&Cs
  • Alasdair1
    Options
    No not a cashback contract I know they are too much hassle.
    I’ve just seen people have had issues when they left early.
    After the contract ends would like let you keep the phone or will they ask for it back?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    The phone is yours from day 1. Always a waste of money to leave a contract early.
  • SimonF1
    Options
    Order Number: 40990201
    I would be very very careful using Buymobiles.net
    I sent back my phone over a week ago after using it for 2 days, under the 14 day money back and i've not herd anything from this company since and i know they have had the phone back now a week and despite me emailing them and getting no reply. 8 days later i finally got a email saying " as you didn't send the phone back in pristine condition we will be charging you £108 or we can send the phone back to you and you can continue using it"

What a dirty company Buymobiles.net is, That phone was sent back in pristine condition i even had others look at it and it was perfect with all accessories even the black film on the screen was on the phone. So i had to pay £108 to cancel.
    NEVER EVER again would i touch "Buymobiles" also their phones are LOCKED.

I used the phone for 2 days and they charged me £108 plus the return fee £10.91.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure