Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So the frog called back :eek: think we may have found us a builder and submitted the plans :eek::eek::eek:
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ooh how exciting!! Thats amazing. GO TEAM PF!!

Casual shoes...thats a tricky one. Currently I am living in Brooks trainers as they help my dodgy hip. I also have a pair of Campers but honestly you cant beat flip flops in all Spring and Summer weathers and as you say Converse of course x
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hooray! Welcome to my world of nervous impatient finger tapping waiting!

Re shoes - depends how in the middle you mean? My current favourites are Skechers Go Walk. Much as I love flipflops, I live a good bit further north than Brizzle ;) so I like knowing my toes are covered. Can wear with socks or without.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    :rotfl: Cmon MFM.. wheres your sense of adventure...Hebridean beaches and such were made for flip flops ;)
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: Cmon MFM.. wheres your sense of adventure...Hebridean beaches and such were made for flip flops ;)

:rotfl: Yeah, but don't paint your toenails blue as you won't tell where your toe ends and the nailpolish starts. Brrrrrr......
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    :rotfl: Yeah, but don't paint your toenails blue as you won't tell where your toe ends and the nailpolish starts. Brrrrrr......
    That made me laugh mfmaybe :rotfl:

I somehow :o ended up in a shoe shop on a break from a work activity. I did try some shoes on but they were a bit small so put them back and pennies in my purse. Has given me a few ideas though so have been looking online.

DH washed both cars today, lovely and shiny. We found some wheel cleaner whilst sorting out garage. Used that up. I used some weed killer spray that I found in garage too. Some more for another day.

Cooked up another sourdough, currently baking, smells lovely. Small shop only today, hoping to stretch that until payday on Friday. Weather fab and managed some more exercise today.

Good all round.
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Ooh sourdough.. tried to sort a mother or starter but left it too long and it died and smelt horrid. Must start again.

I think I have too many shoes so may do a clear out. Can!!!8217;t find my trusty flip flops though so will be in the market. I may try TCB or else see what there is on the Bay

:hello: MFM.. hope youre all good x
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Definitely get a starter back up and running Brizzle I procrastinated for ages and it was much easier than I thought. Ha, ha, probably put the kiss of death on it and kill it now. I've fed it tonight so make a loaf tomorrow.

Payday today, so money shuffle done and pots topped up. Have looked at next couple of months and put a couple of pots amounts up for a couple of months. To date I've put a flat amount in and if I have spent more had to fund it from normal spends. But hoping to be a bit more proactive to top them up at different times.

In house news, we've had carpet in our bedroom. It's amazing. Simple things. We have new furniture, 3 plus a carcass built. 1 filled. 1 more and 4 drawers to go. Can't wait to liberate the boxes (we'll fill them with stuff out the spare room) hoping to have that room stripped by end may as soon as I get in there for the day I'll call the plasterer to give us a date to fix on.

Must make sorting new mortgage (well updated one) a priority next week.

Not managed the gym this week since Sunday. Although got a really decent walk in Thursday, will make going tomorrow and Sunday a priority and maybe Monday too.

Planted some fruit trees in garden and other things I bought. Hope the raspberries aren't passed their best. Only one has leaves. Will keep an eye on them and feed them this weekend, I think I can use what I put on the blueberries.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Rest of furniture is made and all boxes emptied :j:j

It looks totes smart :D dug our a frame from our 'box of frames' we've accumulated over the years. It's very pretty. Will order a print to go in it but looks nice on the furniture. Have a picture in the loft that I would like up too. I'll get it next time I go up. Shopping from home, Foxgloves style

Went through the sole of my converse and got wet feet today. Makes shoe situation more pressing :eek:

Made another £20 overpayment to LPDF. £3k paid off in overpayments in a year :j:j

Kneaded sourdough ready to bake tomorrow and done a big shop. Will batch cook lots tomorrow.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    So it's nearly the weekend again (and a long one to boot) :j:j managed to keep the new room tidy for a whole week :rotfl: ok the spare room looks like a junk shop, but it's all progress.

Spent considerable time on the phone today to mortgage peeps to try and sort new mortgage. They've taken some more details and will hopefully call me back tomorrow. Hopefully enough time to get it all lined up before August when we move to svr.

This weekend aiming for a mix of gardening, house jobs and quality family time. Want to meal plan for next week so I can work out what meals we might eat this weekend so I can go tomorrow night and not have to fight the supermarket at the weekend.

No news on planning permission but it's up on the council portal and the 8 weeks is ticking :)

Want to do some exercise today, going for a long walk later, might do a HiIt session before I pick smalls up from school.

Need to do some work at some point but not feeling very inspired. Hmm. Maybe get off the Internet would be a start :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback