Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well what awful weather yesterday. Car had snow on it when we woke up, not much but a covering.

I took a fascinatior back to M &S which was £45,I managed to find a cheaper one at £21. DP has paid for us to go to ladies day at the races in June so I've got to wear a dress and a fascinatior or hat! It's a great excuse to dress up.

We then watched some TV and I rejigged some money around. We did manage to get out for a brisk walk around the block though and dodged the rain.

Now I'm awake with an infected eyelid so may as well get up, think I need to go to the chemist for some ointment . Kitchen chairs being delivered this morning.:j:j:j
  • louby40
    Options
    Kitchen chairs look fab, bought some cushions from The Range, they should have been £6.99 but had 70p knocked off. They look fab.

Went to the chemist yesterday for some eye ointment, it's still quite sore and making me feel rubbish.

I spent 3 hours in school yesterday sorting out my storeroom and I've spent a few hours today planning for the new term. It supposed to be Zumba tonight but I'm just not feeling myself.

No plans for tomorrow. I do need to nip back into school for something I forgot but other than that it's just chillin.
  • louby40
    Options
    Eye was worse this morning so managed to get into the doctors - I have an eye infection/style/ conjunctivitis and she gave me ointment for it. I'm hoping it improves as I'm out tomorrow night with friends.

Spent the day doing some washing, a bit of school work and went out for a walk along the canal in the gorgeous sunshine.

Need to stop spending now too - that's the trouble when I'm off work it's so tempting to shop online.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon xxx
  • crunch_time
    crunch_time Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    Options
    Just catching up! You!!!8217;re doing so well!
    X
    19/8/19 vs now Current Total debt £14,188 Savings £2757
    Overdraft £1600 vs £1050
    HSBC1 £1900 vs £3868
    HSBC2 £4100 vs £3730
    Virgin 1 £3050 vs £2800
    House stuff and improvements £4460 Virgin 2 £2740
  • louby40
    Options
    Eye is much, much better today.

Went out last night with 2 friends. We had a good night, few drinks and lots of catching up.

Small £20 shop in Aldi this afternoon because we're away in the lakes Tues-Fri. Looking forward to a few days away.

Miserable day today so I've had a very lazy day doing very little.
  • louby40
    Options
    Had a great time in the Lakes. I've spent far too much money over the holidays. Need to have a frugal May and reign it in a bit.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Hope the new term is going well so far.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • louby40
    Options
    Enjoyed my fist week back at school!

My credit card has creeped up a bit so I want to try and pay that off over the next 2 pay days.

I've been spending far too much and not coming on here very much so I think the 2 are linked. need to stop spending and post more.

It's so hard when there are things that I want for the house ( and myself). I'm still saving into various pots but I'm dipping into my overdraft more and more which means I'm spending more than I should.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Easy done and I don't know about you but I find that I buy things for the classroom or topic and because I might have bought with something else I don't claim the money back or lose the receipt.
    Glad the first week back went well.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business