Anyone used the Shpock app?

Options

Comments

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Shpock seems very active this weekend, I've had 2 sales and in fact I had two people after the same item at one point. I also sold something during the week that was posted.

Considering how little I have listed it is surprisingly profitable. One of the items I sold this morning had been on etsy for 8 months, and I sold it on Shpock within 2 hours of listing it and for more then the etsy price. Buyer also paid via bank transfer, her idea , not mine, and I'm posting on Tuesday.

Really quiet for me :(
    I've listed loads at incredibly cheap prices after clearing the loft and not a peep. Hope tomorrow picks up.
  • jbond
    jbond Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget, it will depend a lot on exactly WHAT you're selling of course?!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jbond wrote: »
    Don't forget, it will depend a lot on exactly WHAT you're selling of course?!

My items are mainly vintage collectables, the couple of newer items and clothes got no interest at all.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Here is an interesting one....

About a month ago I sold an item. Few hours later buyer messages with some excuse that car broke down etc, can no longer afford. Usual tripe. Feedback showed that buyer was a 'messer' so in turn I left one star and a truthful comment of 'Backed out of purchase'.

In turn she left a scathing comment about how she was going to buy but car broke down and I wouldn't wait. Pack of lies basically but I left her to it as her own feedback revealed her to be a bit of a fruit loop.

Was flicking through yesterday and noted my feedback for her, and indeed all the other poor feedback she had was gone. This annoyed me a little so I had a moan at Shpock who duly removed the feedback she left for me.

I guess the moral of this is that Shpock seem pretty willing to remove poor feedback regardless of circumstance, so don't rely on a buyer/sellers rating!
  • soolin
    Options
    I'm still picking up sales, but am also getting timewasters and some very strange requests. The usual request is for me to deliver, not only because of the usual reasons - sick child, no car, disabled person etc, but on one occasion last week it was because they are a super busy executive and don't have time to visit people to collect, so would pay my £8 asking price but I would need to deliver it to them once they call to say they are on their way home from work. I've also had someone seriously expect me to deliver my £5 item to them at Canary Wharf where they work - unbelievable.

Then one that made my OH really cross was a chap who messed me about collecting, then when he finally did turn up out of the blue actually commented on the fact that we had several cars on the drive, and suggested it would be a good idea if my OH would drive him home to save the bus journey!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    Does anyone know how to relist something when a buyer messes you around and doesn't bother to collect?

Once again I have a buyer, bought a couple of bits and has now failed to turn up 3 times, I can't see how cancel the sales and re list but I have reported the buyer to shpock.
  • Ting-Tang
    Ting-Tang Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Soolin, I don't think you can relist as such.
    When this happens to me - which is a lot - I just list again from scratch. Annoying, but at least it's quite quick and easy to do compared to ebay.

Shpock really is a timewasters paradise, although I have actually had a few surprisingly good sales of antique and collectable items so keep at it!
  • soolin
    Options
    Ting-Tang wrote: »
    Soolin, I don't think you can relist as such.
    When this happens to me - which is a lot - I just list again from scratch. Annoying, but at least it's quite quick and easy to do compared to ebay.

Shpock really is a timewasters paradise, although I have actually had a few surprisingly good sales of antique and collectable items so keep at it!

I've been fiddling around and it is possible to relist, it isn't at all obvious and any explanation I can give will be confusing, but there is a re list option if you get a time waster.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have used it recently but have had either no interest or offers of people wanting my item for next to nothing! I think I may stick with Ebay as I can't be asked to deal with time waters plus working out how to relist an item etc etc

Mind you I have spotted a couple of items I like and may make a reasonable offer ( not a ridiculous one ) and of course collect myself as it is easy enough to see how close an item is and if too far I just wouldn't buy it ( unless I was willing to travel and collect )

It annoys me when people don't just want something for nothing , they want everything for nothing
  • techno79
    techno79 Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thought I'd add my experience. I only heard about shpock a couple of months ago after seeing an advert on the London tube. I used to sell odd things I no longer wanted on ebay but I had more than my fair share of bad experience. But really due to lack of decent alternatives, I had to persevere. Then I tried gumtree and I had limited success with that but still wasn't as easy to sell stuff. After a string of bad experiences on ebay, I decided to boycott it. Their huge fees and crappy experience as a private seller just made it completely annoying.

I'm so pleased to have found shpock now as I've managed to list a ton of stuff that didn't sell on ebay or gumtree. And they've all sold reasonably easily and quickly. I've even gotten my sister on it who doesn't live in a big city and she's managed to sell stuff too.

I can truly see the downfall of ebay now that a reasonable alternative has come along. Ebay have milked their users far too much and I will be happy to see them struggle.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback