Anyone used the Shpock app?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I find most of the ads are old or are just people Messing around as seen some with lots of bidders and questions and no replies what so ever

But every so often I find a bargain! Got a ps4 for 90 a few weeks ago with a few games too!
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 5 February 2019 at 9:15PM
    Options
    Edit.

Spam posts above removed.
    As you were :)
  • Andymentalist
    Options
    I've got to say, I'm very surprised to see this much positivity where Shpock is concerned.
    Having been a Shpock user for a few years now, both as a buyer and seller, I've experienced plenty of positives but also lots of the other side of things, particularly as a seller; so many people who make arrangements to pick up and then don't bother to turn up and make no effort to reply to your enquiries after the fact.
    A shocking number of people have no consideration for others' time, and have **** poor communicational skills.
    I sound like an old-timer when I say this (I'm not) but Shpock seems to be a reflection of how social values are a bit lacking these days.
  • Scientish
    Options
    I'm currently having a battle with Shpock trying to get my account deleted (only they are able to delete your account). I tried using the site in February 2020 to sell a set of dining room chairs, however the only people that contacted me were scammers. I received the same cut and pasted message, but from different account names. All wanted immediate communication outside website. All have convoluted stories with extenuating circumstances. Chairs were collection only, but all wanted them couriered, for dubious reasons. I believe the scam is you send the item and then they claim it's not delivered or damaged and then get a full refund, because they all want PayPal payment. I would advise that you avoid this site, as reading the reviews, it has gone down hill...eBay much better....
  • Cosablanca
    Options
    Just a few questions. 
    - What payment methods do you use? Cash? Direct bank or Revolut transfer? 
    - Any tips for pick ups. Do you demonstrate if the device works? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback