Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Yes, the road through the park does close after 12.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a hotel, preferably 5* for this weekend in London. The more central the hotel is, the better, but i have a limit of about £145. Does anybody have any good suggestions?
    Thanks

Which days of the weekend are you looking for? For Saturday there is "Stylish, vibrant & ideal for London shopping!" which is the Andaz at £145. Also "Top West End hotel" which is the Athenaeum at £150. Both are first class. Also "Award Winning Boutique Hotel" which is Threadneedles at £126 and Luxury Boutique Knightsbridge Hotel which I've now confirmed to be the Cadogan at £150. These are also excellent.
  • edinburgh92
    Options
    Which days of the weekend are you looking for? For Saturday there is "Stylish, vibrant & ideal for London shopping!" which is the Andaz at £145. Also "Top West End hotel" which is the Athenaeum at £150. Both are first class. Also "Award Winning Boutique Hotel" which is Threadneedles at £126 and Luxury Boutique Knightsbridge Hotel which I've now confirmed to be the Cadogan at £150. These are also excellent.

Thanks Pelican. It was the Saturday, 26th i'm looking for. If you had to choose one to stay in, which would it be?
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    I love the Athenaeum, haven't stayed at the Cadogan myself but it's supposed to be really good as well. You said location was a big factor - these two are the most central.

Decor at the Athenaeum I think is slightly more contemporary, Cadogan more traditional, so it's a question of taste as well.
  • 2522laura
    2522laura Posts: 695 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

My Mum and her friend would like some help please to find a good deal on a hotel near westminster or the west end for 1 night on tuesday 26th April. I have been on Lastminute which have some good top secret hotels but I cant work all of them out. Ideal buget would be up to £150.

Thank you, any help would be much appreciated
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    2522laura wrote: »
    Hi

My Mum and her friend would like some help please to find a good deal on a hotel near westminster or the west end for 1 night on tuesday 26th April. I have been on Lastminute which have some good top secret hotels but I cant work all of them out. Ideal buget would be up to £150.

Thank you, any help would be much appreciated

Couple of questions, how far west of the west end is OK? Is Kensington too far? Paddington? And what's most important, price or quality? You can get a perfectly decent 4* for around £100 but would your mum prefer something a bit more special at a bit greater cost?
  • 2522laura
    Options
    I think they would be prepared to pay a bit more for something a bit more special, she did mention that it would be nice if it had a pool but I dont think there are that many with pools in London? I think they would stretch the area, no where really takes that long to get to on the tube, I showed her a deal from LM in Canary Wharf and she seemed ok with that. I guess its a case of quality over location.

Thank you so much for helping, after reading the other posts on here I was hoping that you would respond, you are so knowledgeable when it comes to London hotels :)
  • 2522laura
    Options
    Does anyone know which hotel this is please?

Modern waterfront hotel with health club and pool - 4* - London

Hotel information

Modern 4 star deluxe hotel in the vibrant Docklands close to Greenwich, O2, Canary Wharf with its shopping malls and good links into Central London. Onsite parking, Restaurant & Bar (incl outdoor Terrace). Large wellness centre with pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam and gym. Rooms feature PayTV, Internet access, Tea/Coffee making facilities. 24hr room service available.
  • maisie999
    Options
    Hi folks

Any recommendations for next weekend in London.

Not too bothered about area but prefer reasonable access to west end.

Cheers
  • phil_solo
    phil_solo Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    2522laura wrote: »
    Does anyone know which hotel this is please?

Modern waterfront hotel with health club and pool - 4* - London

Hotel information

Modern 4 star deluxe hotel in the vibrant Docklands close to Greenwich, O2, Canary Wharf with its shopping malls and good links into Central London. Onsite parking, Restaurant & Bar (incl outdoor Terrace). Large wellness centre with pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam and gym. Rooms feature PayTV, Internet access, Tea/Coffee making facilities. 24hr room service available.

Can't say for absolutely certain, though I'm sure it's come up on the thread before, but this sounds a lot like it might be the Hilton Docklands Riverside which is actually in Rotherhithe on the opposite side of the river from Canary Wharf. Nearest Tubes would be Rotherhithe, Canada Water and Surrey Quays, all about 10-15 minutes walk I reckon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback