Forever Products and Aloe Vera - MLM/Pyramid?

Options

Comments

• Jamila
    Options
    I have no intention of recruiting you! You asked for answers and are fighting against this but yet do not dare to find out more it just goes to show!

I only recruit professionals that have a positive outlook and are willing to learn not those that fight something without even gaining proper knowledge about it!

We do not send spam emails! we only speak to people we have met and who want to hear about the business! and we only send the required information not anything else!

This is a legitimate business and until you can legitimately prove otherwise I suggest you should not be misleading to others.
    imoneyop wrote: »
    I'm not interested in your research or crappy book and have any intention of giving you my email address so you can spam me with your pathetic attempts to recruit me.

I have reported your original post for containing contact details - so you can either edit the post and remove them or the Forum Team will likely delete your whole post.
  • imoneyop
    imoneyop Posts: 970 Forumite
    Options
    Jamila wrote: »
    I have no intention of recruiting you!

I'm sure that you don't - and it would appear that the forum team view your motives as questionable since they have deleted all your other posts.
    You asked for answers

The ability to read does not appear to be one of your strong points - I haven't asked for any answers as I have no interest in your pathetic "business".
    We do not send spam emails!

When you say we are you speaking on behalf of FLP and all of its distributors? If you are then you are sadly mistaken as there have been numerous FLP sheep posting on here and every single one of them signs off with their email address just like you. I actually emailed one of them (who was also promising that he wasn't recruiting, just like you) with a general question about the FLP business model - the last line of his reply to me "if you sign up to my team I'll send you some extra samples to get you started". I told him that I wasn't interested and not to contact me again - the email account I used was still getting pathetic recruitment emails from him 6 months later - that sounds a lot like spam to me.
  • Sedge123
    Sedge123 Posts: 597 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2013 at 9:02AM
    Options
    A friend of mine started this so and I went along to support her. I have to say that as soon as the lady doing the presentation claimed that the hand wash produces were active against mrsa I totally switched off- what absolute cr*p. The consultant also seemed to know people with so many different medical conditions who had been 'cured'- she must have had a very ill set of friends!

The other thing that irritated me is that the apparently very natural hand cream actually contained lanolin- not really very natural at all!
    Determined to save and not squander!
    On a mission to save money whilst renovating our new forever home
  • Jamila
    Options
    You had a bad experience with one member but that is not the way we do things at least not my team. If you want answers we provide it and we do not pressure anyone into joining.

That person obviously misread your intentions and assumed you were interested in the business but as soon as I see that someone has no interest there is no way I would waste my time to keep emailing them! We are not all the same and a lot of us come from really professional backgrounds and I am a lawyer myself still working full time with this job as an extra!

Well this will be my last post as I wanted only to set things straight! and to the person that spoke about lanolin - it is a natural source found in ingredients we use - it is all certified if you have visited the site to see the legitimate certification - nothing used is artificial!

In regards to my emails being removed - I have not checked yet but if so it is not my fault they do not want people to hear the truth!

good luck and good by!
    imoneyop wrote: »
    I'm sure that you don't - and it would appear that the forum team view your motives as questionable since they have deleted all your other posts.

The ability to read does not appear to be one of your strong points - I haven't asked for any answers as I have no interest in your pathetic "business".

When you say we are you speaking on behalf of FLP and all of its distributors? If you are then you are sadly mistaken as there have been numerous FLP sheep posting on here and every single one of them signs off with their email address just like you. I actually emailed one of them (who was also promising that he wasn't recruiting, just like you) with a general question about the FLP business model - the last line of his reply to me "if you sign up to my team I'll send you some extra samples to get you started". I told him that I wasn't interested and not to contact me again - the email account I used was still getting pathetic recruitment emails from him 6 months later - that sounds a lot like spam to me.
  • 2dogs4kids
    Options
    well i have read all through this thread and I am no further forward trying to work out if this is for me! I have done Tupperware, Avon and Amway and i am not a natural salesperson. However i do want a job!
  • GordonH wrote: »
    I have a relative who is seriously into this Aloe Vera MLM thing and has recruited another relative. They are pushing it for weight loss. I did a bit of reading and Aloe Vera is a diuretic and laxative. This would explain why people can lose 8 pounds in a week or so and get very excited initially.

I hate when relatives do MLM. It causes all sorts of relationship issues.

My sister has just got into this, I've told her a few home truths and she's gone off the deep end and now says she wants nothing to do with me! IMHO she's been completely brainwashed, and all that's been said about FLP/AMWAY's sales and marketing techniques have so far proved to be entirely accurate! Awesome.

EDIT: And as for the "newbie alert" to the left, please, pull no punches with me, I can take it all day long.
  • Just found this on a Wordpress blog (as a newbie it won't let me post the link):

IT'S NOT PYRAMID SELLING

I have joined the network marketing fraternity.
    (It’s not pyramid selling. It’s sharing an exciting opportunity with friends.)
    The company is called Forever Living Products.
    Let’s get one thing straight. They are by no means suggesting usage of their products will make you live forever. Just a very, very long time. My sponsor is 203.
    At its crux, some chap in the States (who drives the car of his dreams and takes 5 holidays a year) has harnessed the magical properties of the Aloe plant to get rich- literally earning as he heals.
    Everyone is a winner.
    (It’s not pyramid selling. That left you ostracized and bankrupt at university. This is less hateful and more lucrative.)
    Inside the business starter pack, featuring imagery of a blissed-out family, you expect to find literature about how the elderly in your family can euthanise themselves to ease the financial burden on their children:

You can only try not to look disappointed to find it housing products based around the Aloe plant instead.
    However, as a short botanical lesson reveals it to be a wonder substance, I was persuaded to sign up, via the recommendation of a trusted friend (see how this works?)
    Others in the promotional video had more compelling reasons:
    ‘All my projects had failed and I was at a point in my life where I thought I should start researching the right formula for an overdose. Then I discovered FLP and met lots of other people like me. I’ve never looked back. I always thought being on speaking terms with my family was overrated. Now my kids all go to private school and it’s not ridicule paying those fees!’
    Inevitably some of the products are better than others but I’d have to sit you down in a hotel lobby and get you to look into my eyes, look into my eyes, to really sort the sheep from the wolves.
    (It’s not pyramid selling. Someone has simply realized that my mother would rather write a cheque to her gormless youngest daughter than to the gormless school-leaver at Holland & Barratt, even if she is tipping her daily gel down the back of the sofa, while she smiles.)
    When they diversify into Aloe kettles (2009) I might be stroking my chin but I’ve reigned in that cynicism for the Aloe Gel drink, the FLP star earner.
    And so, dear reader, should you:
    *START HARD SELL*

BENEFITS: Aloe vera is bactericidal, viricidal, fungicidal and everything else ‘idal that good. It penetrates tissue, relieves pain, hastens healing, improves circulation, breaks down dead tissue, moisturizes healthy tissue, reduces scarring, aids digestion, boosts the immune system, enhances skin quality, is nutritional and mostly tolerant of politicians.
    The idea is that you drink it every day, so you absorb all the goodies and get less colds and digest food better, which makes your body use your food as fuel more efficiently, which gives you more energy and glow, which makes you A MORE SUCCESSFUL AND HAPPY PERSON.
    Since imbibing it I, for one, have grown exponentially more popular- a welcome effect balancing the loss of friends I have experienced as a result of trying to get them to reap the same benefits. Cruel world.
    If you still feel like a homicidal maniac with IBS and bad skin after 60 days you can get your money back.
    I might be spending some of it in Barbados but I will definitely owe you.
    BUMMERS: it tastes like sewage and is £18 a bottle, which makes a daily habit £36 a month.
    But still cheaper than crack.
    *END HARD SELL*
    The Aloe Vera Gelly (£10.59) is also rather special. In fact, it is the 5th emergency service in a tube (ooh, that’s good. I might try and sell that back to them.)
    You can use it on burns or skin conditions or athletes foot or apply it to your gums for gingivitis or put it on sunburn or rub it into the glasses of your bus driver, to make him more polite.
    It even works on hemorrhoids, which the chap at Training Day will definitely be recommending to his wife, if the impressed eyebrows he raised in her direction when the subject was discussed, are anything to go by.
    Ah, Training Day. I couldn’t get enough of it. It was so educational- not least from the viewpoint of the biodiversity of the attendees.
    As well as dribbling luke-warm coffee down my top from my slim stainless-steel flask (I knew I’d have an occasion to use it) I drank eagerly from the company cup, as served by motivational speakers, jazzed up on conspicuous slugs of the Aloe Gel.
    And I don’t mind saying I would do so again over a day at Chessington World of Adventures, in a heartbeat.
    I am this in any forum: :T

So it was a matter of time before I dropped the big one: ‘Is it pyramid selling?’
    Whereupon loud sirens and flashing lights as I was pinned to the back of my seat by a Patrick-Swayze-possessing-Whoopi-Goldberg G-force of denial.
    Of course, nothing so sinister took place. It’s not pyramid selling- let’s just leave it at that.
    An afternoon of Aloe evangilism followed, lost souls united in their submergence in Forever Living lore, their fondness for Charity shop sartorial steals, their eagerness to share cold-calling commandments: Never engage in personal banter, Every contact is a potential client, Stick to the script.
    This means that the call should go something exactly like this:
    ‘Hello Dad. I know we’ve been estranged for 20 years and I’d love to get together some time. But what I’m really calling for today is to share an exciting business opportunity. Of course, it may not be for you- only you can decide that- but I’m quite sure that when you’ve heard what I’ve got to say you’ll be psyched.’
    and should not continue anything like this:
    ‘No, it’s not pyramid selling, you ignorant !!!!!!. You just can’t stand it that I’m making a success of my life, can you? First you walk out, now you won’t even buy green toothgel and ‘Gentleman’s Pride’ aftershave from me…’
    Each impassioned pitch made perfect sense. Only when the practice group chanting of the telephone script began, did I start to have Utah flashbacks.
    By the end of the day, the group was buzzing with images of the family tree of network earning potential, like a fully-charged Ann Summers vibrator (that’s not pyramid selling either, it’s !!!!ed parties at girlfriends’ houses.)
    I could barely wait to draw up my action plan. In retrospect, I should have told the class leader, as it would have saved the messy stalking court injunction I had to take out against her afterwards.
    We may have been numbing our bums on hard chairs in the dingy Fulham HQ basement but we were all dreaming of the Chicago Profit Share Achievement weekend.
    Do I want to catch my dreams? Yes! Yes!
    Do I want to be a winner? You bet I do!
    Do I want to keep my friends? Yes! No! Whatever! Show me the money!
    Spare yourself The Call and email me for a carton of the good stuff.
    It’s bloody brilliant.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    Options
    2dogs4kids wrote: »
    well i have read all through this thread and I am no further forward trying to work out if this is for me! I have done Tupperware, Avon and Amway and i am not a natural salesperson. However i do want a job!
    In the current financial climate, where cheap sells even if it's crap, do you think you are going to be able to make enough doing this especially with you saying that you are not a natural salesperson?

I have effectively been a distributor for around 20 years and I have never sold 1 item, however to be truthful I have never tried which would make a difference. I did have a company who are contracted with the DSS to find people work, trying to get me to do it but I didn't fancy my chances of selling it. I would also say that I am not a natural salesperson.

Consider how you would sell it and whether you can earn enough doing it. I don't even know what the sign up costs are any more because it's been so long. I am sure that I paid very little because I only joined to get the stuff cheaper. Paying out a large sum wouldn't of been cost effective.
  • Leebe
    Options
    Just to confirm there has been independent studies done on aloe Vera and thoughts that have been done have shown no benefit for a variety of ailments over placebo including IBS and skin conditions.

1. Studies done by a company are not peer reviewed or independent which means they are biased. Nor are the approved by health organisations. Any study done by a company can be changed and manipulate to suit them.

So you cannot use your own study's to back up your claims :) it has to be done by the right people and be independent and blind.

It's common sense here really that this is a modern day pyramid scheme that cons not only the stock seller but the buyers. It's identical to any pyramid scheme. Just because they have dressed it up and made it fit around every law does not make it right no matter how many years it's been around ;)

Of course we are going to have the disciples here from FLP defending it to the end of the earth with yet dodgy looking claims and marketing babble but your view is biased so it's pretty meaningless as an opinion.

2. It's dishonest to sell products to sick and vulnerable people like cancer patients and people with digestive disorders like IBS and Crohn's telling them it may help or heal them with no evidence it works, that is highly immoral and pretty sick if you ask me!. Most people who sell this are not doctors and have no medical evidence that it can help there condition. Aloe Vera can also be dangerous for some health problems. Aloe safety when consumed has not be tested so for all we know this stuff could cause cancer. It's also disgusting that they make claims up that are obviously lies for instance " it's cured or healed my friends psoriasis " nearly every FLP will tell you this...obviously they have been taught to tell people this to boost confidence it will work!

3. All reviews and testimony are posted on the FLP website and look highly dubious, practically anybody can write good reviews and post them on a website making it look all rather convincing, nearly all the reviews are from the salesmen in fact hmm! If you look elsewhere on the Internet then you will find hardly any reviews or anybody claiming it helps them and most of which average ratings.

4. Forever living employers flood google with blogs and web links to try and hide the negative reviews and articles exposing it as a scam and all the truths behind it. Just google " forever living scam" and you will see hundreds of fake articles generated by forever. Why would an honest company do such a thing? It's almost like they have something to hide hmm.

5. Never believe or trust people claiming to give back money or 60-day money back guaranteed. They are only trying to employ confidence and credence into their business and products to make it seem fail prove. Hardly anybody ever gets the money back from their products and are often ignored. I know this for a fact when other friends and family members have tried to return their goods.

6. If you understand the placebo effect then you will know that even though's who do claim it works could just be falling for the placebo.

7. FLP sellers are merely brainwashed sheep who have been sucked in to this cult like organisation, personally I feel sorry for them but I blame the company for the tactics it uses which are pretty brutal and intense and could convince practically anybody to buy it. Try to ignore the babble they are talking and walk away quietly don't get involved with any discussions it's merely a waste of time they will make all kinds of lies and excuse to defend their point it's taught to them in the seminars. Much like the plague if you get too close it will infect you. It will cost you £200 and a very guilty conscious when selling to your family members. Merely only 1% of MLM sellers break even :)

If you still don't believe me then check out the FDA tips and signs that the product you are buying and company are scamming you. Every single one of them applies to forever living and it's products :)

A.One product does it all. Be suspicious of products that claim to cure a wide range of diseases. A New York firm claimed its products marketed as dietary supplements could treat or cure senile dementia, brain atrophy, atherosclerosis, kidney dysfunction, gangrene, depression, osteoarthritis, dysuria, and lung, cervical and prostate cancer. In October 2012, at FDA’s request, U.S. marshals seized these products.

B.Personal testimonials. Success stories, such as, “It cured my diabetes” or “My tumors are gone,” are easy to make up and are not a substitute for scientific evidence.

C.Quick fixes. Few diseases or conditions can be treated quickly, even with legitimate products. Beware of language such as, “Lose 30 pounds in 30 days” or “eliminates skin cancer in days.”
    “All natural.” Some plants found in nature (such as poisonous mushrooms) can kill when consumed. Moreover, FDA has found numerous products promoted as “all natural” but that contain hidden and dangerously high doses of prescription drug ingredients or even untested active artificial ingredients.

D. “Miracle cure.” Alarms should go off when you see this claim or others like it such as, “new discovery,” “scientific breakthrough” or “secret ingredient.” If a real cure for a serious disease were discovered, it would be widely reported through the media and prescribed by health professionals—not buried in print ads, TV infomercials or on Internet sites.

E. Conspiracy theories. Claims like “The pharmaceutical industry and the government are working together to hide information about a miracle cure” are always untrue and unfounded. These statements are used to distract consumers from the obvious, common-sense questions about the so-called miracle cure.

Remember all of the above to avoid being scammed :)
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Four of my Facebook friends are selling this stuff. I am constantly getting notifications pushing sales, I've reported the posts as spam but it doesn't make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure