Forever Products and Aloe Vera - MLM/Pyramid?

Options

Comments

• zippy2460
    zippy2460 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    @A.penny.Saved. Sorry for the confusion. No, my wife's friend does not know. We have decided to send it back and take the cost as a lesson learned, not perfect I know but at least we will be returning it within the 60 day money back guarantee period and the box is still sealed. That should be the end of it and we won't have to worry about it again. Maybe we will email the saleswoman and request postage back but beyond that we just want to put this whole mess to rest.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    At the very least I would inform your wife's friend of what has happened. I think that she should know about it.as she was involved even if indirectly.

Best of luck.
  • Sandhy
    Sandhy Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    I've been following this thread with interest....

Zippy2460, if I had received that parcel I would have been furious! You are a tolerant person to send it back at your own expense and inconvenience. You must at least value their friendship. I think I would have just kept it unopened and let them sing for it!

I too have a friend on FB who is doing this and I've witnessed the endless and posts about this life-changing opportunity yadda yadda

I can't believe people fall for this stuff. This person I know has fallen hook, line and sinker for all the hype, attends the conferences, travelling miles across the country to do so, returning all hyped up about their individual 'business'.

We meet up as family and it's aloe that aloe that...it's like they've been totally brain-washed!
  • zippy2460
    edited 19 May 2015 at 1:40PM
    Options
    The seller contacted us yesterday. She kept asking us to at least try it then if not happy to take advantage of the 60 day money back guarantee, she seems to think we should pay it then pursue the money back guarantee option. I told her we weren't even going to try it. She said we can get the return address from the papers inside the box but we are not going to open it as there is an address on the outside label. She seems determined to get us to break the seal on the box. We are returning it today with a label "unrequested items" then I think I shall complain to the head company in pursuit of a postage refund and to give the seller a hard time. The pen is mightier than the sword and the keyboard is mightier than the pen.
  • zippy2460
    Options
    After speaking to the seller, she assured me the company will refund my postage so to that end I put the box in the post ( registered postage - cost EUR 8.49 ) and followed the sellers advice about a postage refund so I sent their head office this email:

"Hello, my wife was recently talking to one of your sales people, a Ms XXXXX XXXX from Berlin. My wife commented that the products looked interesting.A few days later a box arrived at our address with a demand for approx 180 euros. We did not make an order. Simply saying products look interesting does not constitute an order. No prices were discussed and no specific products, she just sent us what she thought she would like. There was no mix up or confusion, the sale was forced upon us. We are not paying for these products that we did not order. Is this how you conduct business ? We have not opened the box and as of today have put it back into the post to you. The cost of the postage with tracking number was EUR 8,49 which your seller assured us you will refund to us. We would rather you send us a bank check as I do not have enough faith in your company to give you my bank details. I look forward to your response.
    Kind regards.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Ps. I have photos of the box and postal receipts if you need them."

I will post any response I get.
  • Sandhy
    Sandhy Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with that zippy2460 ~ keep us posted :)
  • zippy2460
    Options
    On 20/05/2015 14:07, DE-Service wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX,

thank you for your email. I think you get the products from one of our Forever Business Owner. We don´t send you any goods if you are not fill in an application or make some order. If you haven´t ordered something you don’t have to pay anything. Of course it is your right to send these goods back to the Forever Business Owner.

Best regards

XXXXXXXXXX

Stellv. Customer Service Manager Deutschland
    Forever Living Products Germany GmbH
  • zippy2460
    Options
    On 20 May, I wrote:
    So if I didn't send them back then how else would you retrieve them from me ? What about the refund of my postage that I was promised ?
    Also, the products were sent from your address in Munchen !! Not from the saleswoman who lives in Berlin.
    I look forward to your response.

Mr XXXXXXXXXXX
  • zippy2460
    Options
    On 21/05/2015 09:00, DE-Service wrote:
    Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

If you want to send it back, please send it direct to the Forever Business Owner. If you don’t send it back the Forever Business Owner will contact you I think but our company don’t need this goods back because you get it from our Business Owner. The question about the refund you also must check with the Business Owner. We only sell our products to our Business Owner but not to customers.

Best regards

Stellv. Customer Service Manager Deutschland
    Forever Living Products Germany GmbH
  • zippy2460
    Options
    On 21 May I wrote:

I am afraid I already sent the parcel back to the Munich address that was printed on the box, I did not order the parcel and I did not want it in my house. . It is now your problem, perhaps now you will know what it is like to receive packages that you have not requested. I note from the DHL website that it has already been delivered and signed for by you.
    I have a few questions I would like to ask you:

1. These "business owners" are the face of your company as far as the customer is concerned. Do you condone their bad business practice while they are representing your company ?

2. I was assured by the "business owner" that YOU would give me a postage refund. Is the "business owner" allowed to lie to a customer ? If I cant trust what a "business owner" says about a refund, how can I trust them on what they say about your product ?

3. Will you be refunding my postage for the unwanted parcel that we did not order and did not want in our house ? If I did not return it how else would you have retrieved it ? If not should I take my complaint to the head office in USA ?

I attach to this email several photos of the parcel of how we received it and how we sent it along with postal receipt and tracking number.

As always, I look forward to your response

Kind regards,
    XXXXXXXXXXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills