Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I shall speak to your other visitor and make a plan.

Look forward to it :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It's sad that you need to reduce but the ops that you have made previously have still lowered your mortgage interest. We just do what we can when we can. Keep plodding.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    It's sad that you need to reduce but the ops that you have made previously have still lowered your mortgage interest. We just do what we can when we can. Keep plodding.

This is true.

Payment is now reduced:(:(
    Dont feel great about it but it is what it is.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    My feelings of being out of sorts and very sad were triggered last night by a thread on FB ~~Lost Edinburgh~~ & it mentioned an ortheopedic hospital I spent some time in when I was a child having various proccedures.
    A lot of 'stuff' I thought I had finally managed to put to bed all came up.
    This was more than 45 years ago.
    Some good memories and some very much not good.
    Suppose it partly made me what I am today.
    Enough :(:(

Apologies.

• beanielou
    Options
    This in part is where so many of my insecurities come from.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    at least you know where they come from! i've more issues than vogue from so many places
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Those childhood hospital experiences must be tough to deal with Beanie - like you say they helped make you into the strong, independent lady you are today. But life is unfair and and nobody especially when children should have to go through 'stuff' - hope you manage to put those thoughts to the drawer in the back of your mind so you can enjoy raspberry gin and relaxing feline fun again soon :beer:

Don't beat yourself up about dropping the payment - you are still paying and the light is getting nearer the end of that tunnel.
    January spends - £587.58
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sending hugs Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sending hugs. Tough when things kinda side swipe you like that.

On the one hand I like to work out where the issues come from. On the other hand sometimes I like them buried!

Sending more hugs X
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorty to hear that Beanie :(.

I'm not sure experiences like that ever completely leave us, but we get better at dealing with them. They do sometimes rear their ugly heads and upset us all over again, but if you beat them once then you can beat them again Beanie.

Thinking of you and keep plodding x.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure