PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Help to Buy Redemption

Options

Comments

• Benzene
    Benzene Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I sent Target HCA via post and email the following on 27th June 2018:

1. Full loan redemption form with solicitors details
    2. Payment of £200
    3. RICS independant valuation survey

I have still, to date, not heard back from Target HCA!

What a terrible service!!

I am already waiting for more than an hour now to get in touch with them! :mad:
  • carlosveiga
    Options
    Interesting to learn all this... Have you made any positive progress? Are they improving their service?
  • missplant
    missplant Posts: 32 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    oh gosh! hearing all of this is filling me with dread and I am a year away from re-mortgaging my loan. I hope they sort the call centre mess out. good luck to everyone redeeming.
  • foxtrot_mike
    Options
    I have just applied to redeem mine too

They have assured me that the request has been actioned, but i will keep chasing.

I sent the Form B, Survey and payment to them on 6th August, does anyone know when i should expect the redemption statement.

Any hints tips or advice welcome
  • Maxchess
    Options
    Been hassled already to set up the direct debit to HCA for the interest on the loan. No details of the monthly amount given yet and in addition am aiming to repay in full before any interest is due.
    However, due to the delays in HCA responding to attempts to repay the equity loan, is it worth setting up the direct debit just in case?
    What do people think?
    Is it just another level of paperwork to confuse HCA?
    Many thanks
  • thewarmcoconut
    Options
    I've been struggling to pay off Target since January this year, they don't reply to emails. It took 3 months for them to say they would send a redemption pack and then a month later I asked them why they didn't send it and they said because the house valuation was a few days out of date now as they had forgotten to send it. I had to then get another valuation done 2 months ago and since then they said they have sent the valuation 9 times, but not once has it ever been sent and today over the phone they said it was because they keep making admin mistakes and then a ticket has to be raised to fix it. They have also told me if they can't fix it by the time the valuation runs out again I will have to get another one done.
    Why are they allowed to do this?
  • dhokes
    dhokes Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been struggling to pay off Target since January this year, they don't reply to emails. It took 3 months for them to say they would send a redemption pack and then a month later I asked them why they didn't send it and they said because the house valuation was a few days out of date now as they had forgotten to send it. I had to then get another valuation done 2 months ago and since then they said they have sent the valuation 9 times, but not once has it ever been sent and today over the phone they said it was because they keep making admin mistakes and then a ticket has to be raised to fix it. They have also told me if they can't fix it by the time the valuation runs out again I will have to get another one done.
    Why are they allowed to do this?

Complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
  • StaceyJB
    Options
    Hi

I am borrowing more on my mortgage too in order to pay this off. Sent off the RICS survey. The bank also want to do their own valuation. They said I’ll never see this. Will they send this to target? Do target look at the lender valuation? I’m worried in case they do and the 2 figures are different! Hoping they just want the RICS!
  • Maxchess
    Options
    "Hi all, with regards to contacting Target HCA via phone and email. That clearly doesn't work. So I reached out to them via Twitter: @TargetGroupLtd. The guys who run the Twitter feed chased up the Target HCA team and they called me at a time that suited me. You will have to 'follow' their Twitter account Target Group so they can DM you but other than that that actually worked."

Has anyone else tried this way of getting a response?
    Cheers
  • breakingbad
    Options
    I phoned target the other day to ask about what happens if a RICS valuation expires, and a desktop valuation is lower than the original... got through in a few minutes, and the guy I spoke to was quite helpful. Hmmm, not looking forward to actually doing the redemption process.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback