Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    "I agree to desist from writing any comments on-line, including social media, forums, review sites etc regarding my complaint and the company/product I am complaining about throughout the duration of the complaint process with 24|7 Home Rescue."

When the complaint is closed... fill yer boots :cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There’s a similar one doing the rounds called you protect 01903924514
    Preying on the elderly
  • kitstar
    Options
    Customer ref WS0303653

Avoid Avoid Avoid

DO NOT use this company. Our tenant was without heating or hot water for 24 days as a result of their incompetence. They diagnosed a broken boiler, we paid over 2K for a new one to be fitted and It took them 15 days from when it was installed to get the brand new boiler working, charging us extra for things that didn’t help along the way. We lost so much money as our tenant understandably stopped paying rent. The emotional stress and strain was incredible, to us and our tenant. Her relationship broke down as a result. We have filed 3 complaints online and none of them have been addressed. The first complaint was filed nearly 8 months ago. They promise to get back to you in 8 weeks.

They are happy to call us to ask why we don’t want to stay with them however, when we asked about the complaints we made( this was last week ) they couldn’t see this on file. The guy asked us to send him the complaint, we did, and then got an email back asking us to file a complaint via the same system that has failed 3 times before. This company is a joke if you have a problem. They outsource the jobs and the engineers dont always know what they are doing. 24/7 is a joke as it gives you the impression your job will be completed quickly when that could not be further from the truth. Please don’t get caught like we did. It has scarred us, it really has. There is no possible way they can justify this level of service.

In an attempt to actually get an answer we are now resorting to trying to contact the directors, to try and get our complaint actually heard.
  • moley1a
    Options
    24/7 - wow, wish I'd seen this before going with them.

Had the annual service, with the engineers finding a small crack in the flue conveyer and recommended it's replacement.

Got charged for it...! Even under breakdown cover.
    Complained and told it's in the T&C, but it's vague wording and doesn't match up with the way it was sold.

I even phoned the sales team and they confirmed any fault identified in the service would be covered.
    I await to hear what they have to say....
  • Ptek2004
    Options
    I can confirm that you are indeed asked to place a review for a months free insurance. For me this was a few days after taking cover. However 11 days in I canceled my deal. I had a service after being told this was free it actually cost me 60 quid.
    They came and asked to see the boiler to which the wife explained you are standing in front of it. He took out a torch and said the boiler is dangerous and capped the meter on what was to be the coldest night so far of 2019. He explained my boiler is old and parts are not available so I will instead survey your house for a new boiler.
    So I purchased some heatere for the children. The office said morally he had too as the sight glass was broken and to remove the plate he would disturb the asbestos seal.
    And I was leaking co but my alarms all 3 of them didnt sound. I called 2 local experts that said first the boiler has a valve shut off so no need to cap the meter and 2nd the seal isnt even present and 3rd its an open flue boiler so glass doesnt really make much of a difference. Anyhow they used actual equipment to safety check the gas line and the emmisions. Had a full service with some new parts including glass and gasket yes new parts that were available. The boiler is now safe and fully working. During the 3 days of waiting for my local expert to come I had 5 calls from 247 to discuss a new boiler. They seemed confused and kept putting me on hold to discuss if it was possible to install my new boiler downstairs. I couldnt have an install date until I paid a non refundable deposit of £399 which varied from £299 to £800 depending on what confused person I spoke with.
    Any how I have caceled my cover and intend on getting a new modern boiler elswhere in 2020. They refuse to give me my 60 quid back but in a way im glad they are not getting £4340 + the £399. They did however offer to check my new engineers work to put my mind at ease. That made me laugh I mean they must of been joking. 2 children 3 nights of cold no hot water. If a 247 engineer ever appears at my door again well lets just leave that to the imagination.
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Watch this on YouTube regards the scammers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Em0umsDxD0
  • allanmiller
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck with legal action, i need help, they are rip off's
  • allanmiller
    Options
    moley1a wrote: »
    24/7 - wow, wish I'd seen this before going with them.

Had the annual service, with the engineers finding a small crack in the flue conveyer and recommended it's replacement.

Got charged for it...! Even under breakdown cover.
    Complained and told it's in the T&C, but it's vague wording and doesn't match up with the way it was sold.

I even phoned the sales team and they confirmed any fault identified in the service would be covered.
    I await to hear what they have to say....

they will screw you out of more money guaranteed
  • allanmiller
    Options
    To all concerned,

As MSE is a forum which does not require direct reference numbers for specific cases, we would request that any 247 customer, both past and present, contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk in relation to any queries or concerns expressed.

We will not entertain any verbal exchange without full accessibility to the facts.

Alice
    Social media manager
    247 Home Rescue

the worst company ever
  • Burak_Apaydin
    Options
    This company is the worst scammers I have ever come across . Stay away from this company at all cost . I am a landlord and signed up with them for two of my properties. As soon as I signed up they phoned me to do my boiler services one with the older boiler house . I first declined as the boiler was serviced recently in August 19 . They have insisted to carry out the service . I didn’t see any harm , it was just before the winter perhaps they had point , however they forgot to mentioned that I had to pay upfront for the cost of the service as I haven’t been with them long enough !!!! So I paid £60 upfront on top of my £22 monthly premiums . Service was carried out and after the service they have phoned me immediately to tell me that boiler had a minor problem required attention however due to its age required to be replaced and offered me some ridiculous 10 years contract . I have refused to sign up for 10 years contract , who would sign up for 10 years contract ? And if anyone did sign up with this company I feel sorry for them . After I refused to sign up they told me that repair is minor and they can repair for £94 . I was shocked . Why would I pay additional fee for a repair when I have the full breakdown cover and service . But there was a scam , as the boiler not broken down repair was not covered !!!! I pay for the monthly premium , upfront for annual service and now £94 for a minor repair . Total shambles and scam but not finished yet . I was really annoyed and didn’t see any reason to pay premium when I need to pay for repairs as well so I wanted to cancel the policy but to my surprise I was told that I wasn’t able to cancel my policy as I had the engineer already visited and I have to pay full one year if I had to cancel . Then I knew why they have persuaded me to do so desperately to get my boiler service so they could lock me into their contract and scam . I am discussed with their business methods and tricks . I hope soon all customers notice this scumbags and they go under .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback