This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fingers crossed it comes good. X
    Thanks. And what were you doing up so late? or up so early depending on which way one views it. Hope ok x
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad the printer came up trumps. And will be willing it all to work out for you! x
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Watty1
    Options
    2018 not starting too well at all. Last night our barn was broken into. The wires were pulled out of the security camera, the security lights broken, the barn door lock banged off, and then discovering they still couldn't get into barn (it is steel bolted from inside) the window was broken. Climbing in through window triggered the alarm which texts our phones so I was able to call police. By the time the police turned up they were long gone - had driven through a neighbours fence to our fence line but thankfully did not then drive through our fence so the post and rail remains in tact. Up until early hours boarding up window. Luckily Mr Watty at home today as has today off and he is now repairing the rest of the damage. And even more luckily the camera still works now he has repaired the wiring. The light can be repaired and we have decided to leave the window boarded up so it can't be broken again.
    So a good outcome to a bad situation as we have no loss, no one was hurt, and we have the material on site to effect repairs.

What a year this is turning out to be already!!

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh my god, Watty, what a few days you've had! So sorry to hear about both events, you've really had a bad start to the year, haven't you :(

It sounds like the break-in is being fixed fairly easily - though I can't imagine it's as easy to feel safe again. But I hope the error you've discovered can be fixed quickly like that, rather than dragging on through the whole year.

Thinking of you xx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    What a start to the year.

What absolute b******s to attempt to break into your barn. Thankfully you protected yourself against this, and no harm done in the end . But enough to make you feel discombobulated.

It surely must get better.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Watty1
    Options
    Thanks KC and Goldie. The local diy place at the top of the hill says he has someone come in every week for "bits" to patch up break-ins. Astoundingly it seems the norm. It only has cost us the price of a new catch for the barn double doors.

I am philosophically telling myself that no-one ever has a smooth year and maybe I'm just getting all the worrisome stuff in the first week of the year and the rest of the year will be easy ??? If I repeat that often enough I will remain cheerful :)

Work may not be so bad after all, I have plans in place now to control the situation and yes, I will inevitably take a financial blow but not as much as I first thought because I think I can contain it. A spreadsheet has been created and is referred to every hour at the moment and updated as things change.

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Have been away for a while and finally catching up. Sorry to read all the troubles, but as they say, things can only get better. Genuine errors, you would hope everyone would understand and be reasonable, so let's hope this is the case.

Look on the good side - you found it and are dealing with it, not just brushing it under the carpet, so Good for You - facing it head on.

Wish you well.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    What barstewards! Hope they get caught.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Rubbish news Watty, but it sounds like you have it all under control. Are the police pursuing it?
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Eek, well at least you're all ok. And maybe this is all your bad luck for the year in one go.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback