What small DFW things will you do w/c 7th January 2019?

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :beer:
    I am breaking every rule in my book today... I am drunk, in the middle of the day AND I am posting online AND I haven't been very mse today either.
    However, I have been celebrating my divorce with my mam, sister and bestie - it was one of my planned days out the month. We had an afternoon tea with fizz booked, followed by a couple of cocktails. It's been a really fun day though, and I've really enjoyed it - I'll worry about money tomorrow.
    So none of the usual little bits, although I have kept on top of washing and hoovering (as always). I will probably feel this in the morning :rotfl:
    Congratulations on the cars CLF and Foxgloves. I have a nearly new car which is worth every penny I pay for it.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I am breaking every rule in my book today... I am drunk, in the middle of the day AND I am posting online AND I haven't been very mse today either.
    However, I have been celebrating my divorce with my mam, sister and bestie - it was one of my planned days out the month. We had an afternoon tea with fizz booked, followed by a couple of cocktails. It's been a really fun day though, and I've really enjoyed it - I'll worry about money tomorrow.
    So none of the usual little bits, although I have kept on top of washing and hoovering (as always). I will probably feel this in the morning :rotfl:
    Congratulations on the cars CLF and Foxgloves. I have a nearly new car which is worth every penny I pay for it.

Sometimes breaking the rules is the right thing! Happy divorce day! :beer:
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Congrats CCL, enjoy the rest of your days celebrations!
    Clf & dnms on your new purchases :)
    Hope poorlies are feeling better.

:wave: to all

Not a lot in the way of mse her today but on the other hand we were meant to be eating out tonight but changed our plans and got some party type foodie bits from the supermarket instead so that was pretty mse.

Done the usual bits like
    sockets all off,
    dishwasher on the quick wash,
    ys bread for toast for breakfast
    blankets and extra layers on before the heating went on
    watched a film with the kids from our stash
    shared bath water and let hair dry naturally

Still to do
    search up HM fajetia spice! not thought of that :o thanks pf & foxgloves!
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DNMS We only had new sofas when we moved in to our first house, nearly 20 years ago,they were from IKEA, we lived a very different life, no children, both working full time in well paid jobs. Now we have:
    1 sofa & armchair from BILs Gran
    1 sofa from ex neighbors
    1 armchair from my parents
    2 armchairs that used to be OH grandmother's who died nearly 30 years ago
    I found it is more important to find something suitable for the space, than whether it was new or old.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    DNMS We only had new sofas when we moved in to our first house, nearly 20 years ago,they were from IKEA, we lived a very different life, no children, both working full time in well paid jobs. Now we have:
    1 sofa & armchair from BILs Gran
    1 sofa from ex neighbors
    1 armchair from my parents
    2 armchairs that used to be OH grandmother's who died nearly 30 years ago
    I found it is more important to find something suitable for the space, than whether it was new or old.

That's where I am BB. It would always be my preference to get 2nd hand items where possible. Both for financial and just because I prefer to stop things from going to landfill just so we can make more and buy more. But we have tried getting a compact sofa 2nd hand and never see them and out current configuration isn't very back friendly.

I'm very happy with this purchase :D I guess the reason why are frugal is to give us these choices when it works for us :cool:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    congrats CCL. I love afternoon cocktails :D seems so decadent :D

happy new car clf :D

hope your breathing problems cease and desist Dawn!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am breaking every rule in my book today... I am drunk, in the middle of the day AND I am posting online AND I haven't been very mse today either..

Guilt free cake.
    :bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    I agree DNMS our furnishing choices are as much about reducing our environmental impact as they are about reducing the impact to our finances.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Dickenslass
    Options
    Just popping in quickly to say congratulations CCL. Wish you all the best with the next era!

Also to note... NSD today :)
    And that evil work admin frog that eluded me last weekend... is now done! It took 9 hours to chew!!! And that was just the online bit! Am now ready for bed but super happy to have achieved it! :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Cat sounds like you had a lovely day
    Foxgloves great news on car, hope you won't have to wait too long for it
    Dickenslass well done on that Frog
    Determined happy new sofa. Sometimes we have to do these things
    CLF happy new car. We did the same about 2 years ago, but didn't quite get new, but got newer than we originally set out to. It's been worth every single penny.

Yesterday was lovely but not quite as productive as I would have liked, so you may notice some repeats:

Smalls to prepaid activity, will walk
    Make cake/biscuits
    Some washing
    Go for a run - did do this yesterday, but would like another one if I can
    Tidy up outside, possibly prune some bushes back
    Vacuum through
    Get ready for tomorrow, including packed lunches, may rustle up a quiche
    Used yesterday's tea for tonight's tea for smalls as I forgot they would get fed at a party.
    Get something out for tonight's tea
    Use up a small portion of chick pea curry, half a tin of beans and some fajita mix on our jacket spuds today (not all mixed together, one each :rotfl:)
    Triage fridge

Have a good day everyone. Purps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family