PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th February 2019

Options

Comments

• White_musk
    Options
    Wet room cleaned
    Kitchen counters all cleaned, will mop in a minute
    Vacuumed all through, will dust this afternoon.
    I'm usually tidy but have put the odd bits away as I moved around the house.
    Sun room needs a clean, it will be done today.
    WM emptied into TD and is now dry, will empty and fold.
    Not sure what to have for dinner but will cook that and wash up and that's my day done.

Thank you for holding me to account by having to admit if I don't do my chores.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    :bdaycake: Cake anyone :bdaycake:

Thank you Natty. Hope you have a lovely day! Here's wishing you Many Happy Returns :beer:

Welcome to the madhouse White_musk :wave:

Hope you're feeling better, atb.

Safeguarding training was excellent, with excellent trainers and a nice group of people (several of whom I knew, although we come from a wide area) :)

I emptied all the bins and S&S'd the kitchen before I went out. I am not going to clean my oven today as I have only used it once since I cleaned it last week, and I wiped it out yesterday evening after cooking our evening meal, so I am a little ahead of myself.

Just catching up on emails, then Rosie would like her walk, and then I will go and finish the kitchen.

Off out again this evening for a meal in Cathedral City with my fellow ex-students :D The dress code is "pink lycra, the skimpier the better" because one of our number is coming straight from her pilates class. I don't actually have anything in pink lycra - the nearest I've got is a black lycra top, black trousers and a floaty pink scarf ;) I am wondering what the two men will turn up wearing: one threatened to don his kilt (and we're a long way from Scotland), the other, more conservative, might have a vaguely pink tie. I really don't want to see either of them in anything skimpy :rotfl:

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed xx
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    A bit late today, but I'm sort of in. Worked this morning but since then have made a few phone calls and crossed a few things off my list.
    Kitchen was cleaned on Sunday
    Before I went out this morning:
    Bed folded back
    Dirty clothes in laundry
    Kitchen and lounge tidied
    Since coming home
    Phone calls made
    Spending and saving spreadsheets updated
    Timesheets updated

Time for a cup of tea now

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all that want
    See you tomorrow
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Decided to call it a day after cleaning the table/TV unit/Bookcase and shelving glass/bathroom mirror, removing Idiot Cat happily writhing around on it afterwards because it smelled deliciously of bleach and having the bright idea of melting down some old candles to make new ones. Did half of them before the novelty wore off, but they looked pretty good as they're cooling on the (clean) windowsill.

Spent this morning being told that the central heating engineer was off sick and then that the boiler was being completely replaced *at some point, maybe next week*

And then pointless meetings about stuff happening or not, they couldn't say, long after most of the staff will be long gone due to redundancy.

Pointless bloody day.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Back from last appointment of the day, I am now relaxing in my new dressing gown while DH cooks my tea.

Plans for tomorrow include exercise class, ironing and cleaning the hobby room. Also need to drop off coffee table to friend so that will be something else gone from the house.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 February 2019 at 11:28PM
    Options
    Volunteering done, Higgs The Cat taken to the vet yet again, he needed a jab, more £££ decluttered *sigh* and another task from my In Tray has just been completed.

I have one more to go, and no matter how hard I try to concentrate I simply cannot get my head around the boiler controls. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

2003. That's the last time I got to the bottom of my In Tray. I cannot tell you how much I wish I could reset the wretched boiler tonight so that I could say I'd finally, after 16 years of trying, I've emptied my In Tray. I could weep with frustration.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HB can you look up on youtube your make of boiler and see ifthere is a short film of what to do?

Dinner and clearing up done
    Washing is now dry, folded and waiting ironing
    All house cleaned
    Volunteering visit done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • White_musk
    Options
    All done and dusted (literally) for today, all jobs except sun room done.

Little DGD staying tomorrow night, the house it clean, tidy and cozy, I wonder if it will look like this on Wednesday morning when DD arrives to take wee one to preschool? :rotfl:

All day I have reminded myself I have to be accountable here and I took pleasure in getting jobs done so I could honestly say I had done them. My home, thanks you all :T:T

PJ's and chill now.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Busy busy day at work. Kiddies in bed, WM and DW on, leftovers eaten for dinner.

HB I second Kaz’ suggestion of looking online. Rooting for you that you get that in tray emptied. A few years ago I was so sick of looking at the in tray which lived on my home office desk, I binned it together with the contents.

I’m decluttering a cuppa then heading for a very early night. My Friday tomorrow :T
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Oh, bless.

The *someone* from a previous thread is apparently having their affairs thoroughly deloused, as per a lovely person on the phone, and it goes back much further than previously imagined. I do hope *nobody's* name crops up or the possibility that any calls were made in the first place, as that will unleash a whole load of genuine danger.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family