IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye/Court

Options
124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's such a great result and I will now add your thread to the complaints sticky of course! Another small claim bites the dust!

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I received a parking fine from the evil Parking Eye last December for overstaying in a Wickes car park, and having read all the blogs and Watchdog advice, I ignored it and did not enter into any correspondence with them.
    I have just received a Judgement for Claimant (in Default) stating that if I ignore this demand for £85 plus £65 court costs, enforcement proceedings will be taken against me and I will have a CCJ taken out against me. I took it all to CAB and they said I should pay it so I (very reluctantly) have!! I just felt I should warn everyone that Parking Eye seem to be becoming more aggressive. Can't believe they have been hounding me for over a year. Needless to say I shall never give Wickes my custom in future!
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nobody here would have advised you to ignore genuine court papers, which you clearly did.

Everybody here would have advised you not to go to the CAB for advice, as they are next to useless when it comes to private parking issues.

All the advice for newbies is posted on the stickies, where it says start your own thread, don't dig up one which is months old.

It would appear that you are unable to follow simple instructions, and are paying the price.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • SimonSays
    Options
    Get yourself over to Pepipoo, they are more suited to things like this. They can get you on the right track
  • lilygrace1
    Options
    Just thought I would let you know, I had a parking eye £100 fine through yesterday for Dunelm Mill, Friary Park (as above). After doing lots of research on here and the useful post from Pedal Power, I went to to Dunelm Mill with it. They were very apologetic, took all my details and promised to email Parking Eye and get it cancelled. I asked them to copy me in on the email. I could have gone down the whole appeal route but figured why the hell should I waste my time? I overstayed 14 minutes in a free car park whilst spending money in their shop!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    lilygrace1 wrote: »
    Just thought I would let you know, I had a parking eye £100 fine through yesterday for Dunelm Mill, Friary Park (as above). After doing lots of research on here and the useful post from Pedal Power, I went to to Dunelm Mill with it. They were very apologetic, took all my details and promised to email Parking Eye and get it cancelled. I asked them to copy me in on the email. I could have gone down the whole appeal route but figured why the hell should I waste my time? I overstayed 14 minutes in a free car park whilst spending money in their shop!!

That's good news and it follows all our other Successful complaints I collate here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

I have added yours (see if you can spot it among all the other Parking Eye complaints!). Also as you will have seen from this thread, Dunelm Mill have previously cancelled a charge after PE issued Court papers so they have a good track record as shown on this forum.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ledsons_teeth
    Options
    I received a parking fine from the evil Parking Eye last December for overstaying in a Wickes car park, and having read all the blogs and Watchdog advice, I ignored it and did not enter into any correspondence with them.
    I have just received a Judgement for Claimant (in Default) stating that if I ignore this demand for £85 plus £65 court costs, enforcement proceedings will be taken against me and I will have a CCJ taken out against me. I took it all to CAB and they said I should pay it so I (very reluctantly) have!! I just felt I should warn everyone that Parking Eye seem to be becoming more aggressive. Can't believe they have been hounding me for over a year. Needless to say I shall never give Wickes my custom in future!

It was pointed out a while back that after every PE loss that was reported on here one of these pops up. Sure enough on the last three occasions...one of these has popped up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure