Faulty LG TV After Two Years

Options

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (Im really annoyed that they want £140 to carry out a repair on my TV when actually its not faulty, it was fitted with a faulty part when I bought it....they manufacture faulty TVs!)

As said OP you are going to have to prove that and take it up with the vendor .XYZ on the internet is not actual proof . You have no claim against LG but nothing to stop you complaining to them .
    Personally it would be the Firestick route for me . As report costs might be lost if not agreeing with you . Or deduction of two years use may leave you worse off.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    I've done that, but none the wiser I'm afraid. What were you getting at?

That I wasn't getting at being VAT registered (or not) meant the company was qualified to do the report ... YOU brought that into the discussion, I hadn't made any suggestion about that whatsoever.

If you remove the blinkers you've applied to yourself then my post is very clear, and explains why some people make the comment about VAT-registered businesses (because they'll be registered at Companies House ... which, I believe, is a requirement if a report is requested to prove a fault is inherent and that report is paid for).

It really is that simple - the point I was making:

Paid for report? Business registered at Companies House
    VAT-registered? Business registered at Companies House

Some people conflate the 2 (post #2)
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    That I wasn't getting at being VAT registered (or not) meant the company was qualified to do the report ... YOU brought that into the discussion, I hadn't made any suggestion about that whatsoever.

If you remove the blinkers you've applied to yourself then my post is very clear, and explains why some people make the comment about VAT-registered businesses (because they'll be registered at Companies House ... which, I believe, is a requirement if a report is requested to prove a fault is inherent and that report is paid for).
    Why would the report require to be done by a limited company? If anything I'm more used to expert witnesses being sole traders (e.g. semi-retired from their industries and now doing this sort of consultancy work).
  • DoaM
    Options
    So all companies registered at Companies House are Limited companies? I didn't know that ... a quick Google suggests this is the case (sole traders should be registered with HMRC for self assessment), in which case your previous comments now make more sense. (Perhaps this should have been clearer in your previous comments?) ;)
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (sole traders should be registered with HMRC for self assessment)
    For the avoidance of doubt, it would also be considered weird to start asking expert witnesses about their own tax affairs, if that's what you're suggesting...all that's relevant are their qualifications.
  • Jumblebumble
    Jumblebumble Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 June 2019 at 5:21PM
    Options

It really is that simple - the point I was making:

Paid for report? Business registered at Companies House
    VAT-registered? Business registered at Companies House

Some people conflate the 2 (post #2)

What about a VAT registered Sole Traders ?
    I think that you made up the fact that a VAT registered business will automatically be registered at companies house
    Do they Qualify?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Poor old OP well confused with all the posters going round and round like a bunch of school kids .
  • DoaM
    Options
    What about a VAT registered Sole Traders ?
    I think that you made up the fact that a VAT registered business will automatically be registered at companies house
    Do they Qualify?

You're too late to the party - I've already accepted that I was mistaken. So all you've done is make a cheap jibe and thus made yourself look foolish.
  • DoaM
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    For the avoidance of doubt, it would also be considered weird to start asking expert witnesses about their own tax affairs, if that's what you're suggesting...all that's relevant are their qualifications.

No I wasn't - it was a statement I found during the Google search I made (didn't I already mention I'd done that?). But let's not let facts get in the way, eh? ;)
  • fleabagfan
    Options
    Hi again,

thank you so much for the advice re the Amazon Firestick, I bought one for £39 and it has done exactly what I needed and despite the cost has saved me £100 + the inconvenience of having my TV taken away for a so called repair! I will still take this up with LG as they are obviously still manufacturing TVs with faulty Wi-Fi units.

Thanks again :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport