Tandem

Options

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    beany_bot wrote: »
    Not sure quite why but you seem rather irked with my post? Or determined to find fault.
    No, not really, apologies if it came across that way - I was just curious about what had actually happened as it seems quite unusual. As I say, it surprises me that Tandem were willing to rewrite history by deleting a search, as to me this discredits (no pun intended) the system - perhaps it is indeed symptomatic of some sort of fault on their side but as you say, who knows....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    No, not really, apologies if it came across that way - I was just curious about what had actually happened as it seems quite unusual. As I say, it surprises me that Tandem were willing to rewrite history by deleting a search, as to me this discredits (no pun intended) the system - perhaps it is indeed symptomatic of some sort of fault on their side but as you say, who knows....

Exactly my thoughts. The reason as to my rejection (or lack thereof) must have been worse, than just removing their search. Which, I agree, sets a bad precedent. So the reason behind it must have been quite bad. Potential breach of something? Who knows. They wouldn't tell me. They did however tell me to reapply in 6 months. :rotfl::rotfl: I'll pass...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Maybe you just didn't fit their customer base that they were looking for.

They're not obliged to reveal their lending criteria, and a rejection certainly doesn't warrant removing of searches from ones credit files - if that were the case, nearly everyone would have hardly any searches on their files!
  • System
    Options
    !!! wrote: »

They're not obliged to reveal their lending criteria,

Indeed they are not. That's not up for debate.

However... They ARE OBLIGED to tell you why you were not accepted. That much is law. And they were not able to tell me. The chap on the phone admitted it "seemed strange" and he "really wasn't sure". Etc etc. Obviously something was a foot, and they decided they would rather remove my search than have me continue to dig.

Can't understand why people are so adamant on sticking up for cc company than the consumer here? Very odd.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They’re not obliged to tell you why you weren’t accepted either, otherwise that will give away their criteria in what they look for in a potential customer.

No one is sticking up for anything or anyone - just following the way things are in the real world.
  • System
    Options
    They’re not obliged to tell you why you weren’t accepted either, otherwise that will give away their criteria in what they look for in a potential customer.

No one is sticking up for anything or anyone - just following the way things are in the real world.

You are wrong.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/credit-score/refused-credit/

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-2598958/What-turned-credit-card.html

https://www.money.co.uk/guides/what-should-i-do-if-my-credit-application-is-declined.htm

TpIntwF.png

Oz4AzEa.png

pChdDEE.png
  • Third one clearly states they don’t have to answer.

The others make references that lenders “should do” not have to without fail.

You’re looking into it from the wrong perspective.

Have you tried making the request in writing as well as suggested?
  • System
    Options
    Have you tried making the request in writing as well as suggested?

Why would I bother to do that, they removed the search so it's no skin off my nose now. I will just take my business elsewhere.
  • Stephenmac
    Options
    Hi. I got one of these. Really so I could get instant cash in Spain. If I am being honest they are a bit skanky. I had to complain about not getting my Amazon voucher. Then when I was due another few for recommending it to my network of "friends" through social media, the operator said I need to send them proof that I had recommended it. For each friend, the bank sent me an email saying thank you for recommending us - you are due an Amazon voucher.. I now have had to print off the emails and post it back to them to a post box in Wigston. It's actually Leicester, a former Barclaycard office. Won't be using the card again. CRAP.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    beany_bot wrote: »
    Can't understand why people are so adamant on sticking up for cc company than the consumer here? Very odd.
    It is odd. Seems they've been installed especially for that purpose. (probably offered certain perks for their efforts)

BTW, the third link you posted says:
    Credit card and loan providers too must make it clear why they have rejected a credit application if you ask....

Politely ask why they rejected you, and you should be provided with at least the primary reason promptly.
    I think the words 'must' and 'should' (my emboldening) makes it clear.

BTW: I remember reading (maybe this thread or another thread) that Tandem rejected a customer, but when he phoned and asked he was told to reapply. When he reapplied soon afterwards, he was accepted. Maybe some problem with their system!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure