Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

So I'm skint already! I've had new clothes, new make up and new hair and brought a spa day for my mum for Mother's Day and that's wiped out a lot of my pocket money. £100 in my purse but the lady is coming to do my hair today it's £55 for mine then ds's then I'm out for dinner tonight with friends so hoping I have some change at the end of the day. £60 in pocket money account to last nearly 4 weeks oops and I have half term! Going to try make my money last but we will see I have soft play planned Friday hoping I can have enough cash left from today to pay for this and lunch. That will leave £20 per week to entertain DS. The weather has picked up a bit so maybe I can plan some outdoor parks visits etc. We went with our neighbour and her kids for a walk round the woods yesterday and it was lovely and we didn't spend a penny so hopefully the weather stays dry.

We have booked prezzo Sunday for Mother's Day lunch with my mum we have £40 Tesco vouchers so hopefully we won't need to pay much more.

Eon wanted to up my dd from £80 to £120 as there is a bit off a shortfall on the account. I think because I switched before winter there wasn't the cheaper summer months tonhave a bit saved up so I called and lowered it to £90 and WILL use the washing line when I can!!! I promise!!

One of our eBay lots sold for £100 this covered the £90 comedy gig tickets for December we should have saved this but he's one of our favourite comedians so thought we'd treat ourselves after cancelling the last one. Feels good to have a few grown up nights out planned even if they aren't for a while yet. I relisted the second lot with a lower reserve as I don't think it's worth as much as we initially thought :0( need to keep some money aside for the eBay fees I always forget about.

Lots of food in I just need to make a meal plan dp has been poorly the last three days so I've just been having toast or soup for dinner as can't be bothered to cook for just me. I'll soend some time in the kitchen today and rejig the meal plan and freeze anything that needs to keep a bit longer and see what fresh I need to complete the meals.

Think that's all for now. Super excited to get my hair done. I haven't had a change for years. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Oohhh also still no word from work re extra mat pay :0( I've kinda lost hope that I'll get anything. Still secretly hoping though x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning,

Eon wanted to up my dd from £80 to £120 as there is a bit off a shortfall on the account. I think because I switched before winter there wasn't the cheaper summer months tonhave a bit saved up so I called and lowered it to £90 and WILL use the washing line when I can!!! I promise!!

Morning hannahroberts1985 I hope you don't mind me popping in on your thread :o

I just noticed this bit and thought I could help a little.

If you would like to have an online account you can register for one of the website.

This will then let you use the Direct Debit manager tool. If you pop some meter reads on, you can adjust your own Direct Debit amount by up to or down by 20%. It gives you the control over your own payments and saves a phone call.

If you don't put any meter reads on, then you can change the payments by 5%.

There's lot's of stuff you can do on the online account that may help you, track your usage, produce a real time bill or balance so you know exactly where you are, etc.

If you need any help with any of it, just shout up, I'm more than happy to help you.

Thank you

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thanks Natalie I have an online account didn't realise you could adjust dd online.

The washing is out on the line today. First time this year I will use it as much as I can but sometimes the washing just piles up so much with the two little ones the dryer is such a help.

£10 left in the purse from yesterday so I will try make this cover soft play and lunch tomorrow. Then it'll be £20 per week for the next three weeks. :mad: Lets hope it stays dry for loads of outdoor play dates. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Natalie I have an online account didn't realise you could adjust dd online.

The washing is out on the line today. First time this year I will use it as much as I can but sometimes the washing just piles up so much with the two little ones the dryer is such a help.

£10 left in the purse from yesterday so I will try make this cover soft play and lunch tomorrow. Then it'll be £20 per week for the next three weeks. :mad: Lets hope it stays dry for loads of outdoor play dates. X

No worries, I'm always here to help you, if you need me :D

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Spent to much at soft play £13 total on card so will have to use cash another time.

I have shingles. It's itchy and achy and I think it's bothering my tummy too as I was sick after dinner and have the worst pain in my stomach, but it lasts 2-4 weeks so I'm going to suck it up and not let it ruin a month of my mate leave.

Probably save me some money on food and outings.

Ordered a couple of presents in the sales this morning so money moved from relevant savings account to cover this.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    We cancelled the table at the restaurant as I realised you can't use clubcard boost vouchers on Mother's Day. If I'm spending actual money I'd rather it be on something worthwhile.....not just pizza. So we cracked open our sealed jar as we have no spare cash at the moment and it had £130 in and we headed to the seaside for the day with my mum. I'd say £50 spent in total but we've had a lovely day rides for DS, arcades, lunch, ice cream and tea and donuts. DP is booking a couple of days off for easter so I'll see how much is left and plan a couple more days out.

Soooo DP has done really well at work this month so next months pay check sound be really good. It's made me actually think saving for a mortgage is achievable. So signature edited a little my aim is for £20000 savings to cover fees and deposit etc. As you can probably tell from my signature I like goals and seeing what progress I've made. Each £200 saved is 1% each right. So we just have to save £200 another 94 times! I think this will help me cut back on take aways and maybe motivate me to do kit days and maybe a car boot etc as each £200 earnt is another % down instead of just money in a quite empty pot. Going to see if DP wants to cut our pocket money by £25 each a month we live quite comfortable and each out/take away a few times a month and have days like today every so often. If we had planned a little more and thought about it today could have been just as fun for half the price. Maybe a trial month next month and see how we go. If it takes two years to save this amount £25 each a month would = 6% I know I'm waffling on but it makes sense in my brain and I need to stay excited about it to keep me motivated.

Think that's all for now off to enjoy our evening now the kids are tucked up. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Small done today £25 I looked through and mad a meal plan and just needed a few bits and bobs. Went to co-0p and also grabbed the £5 deal which will do us for a treat nights instead of caving and getting a take away when dp gets paid. Also needed s bottle of wine to donate to the school fair. Should have enough food to last until next Monday now and will try do similar next week as no more money in the food account until 15th. We have a full freezer and cupboards I just need to plan instead of cooking the same 7 meals I normally do. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Only plans this week are to head to a fair at ds'a school Wednesday evening. Other than that think I need a quiet one with walks and garden plan. I'm sooo tired need to stock up on energy a bit. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning quick pop in while getting ds2 down for his nap. DP got pod yesterday and we are a little short maybe £100 not sure how but I messed up my account and didn't budget for my phone bill and then DP didn't get paid as much as I though he would so we shall see how we go. No money in food account so I will need to make a small top up list like I did this week to see us through to pay day. We are in a much better position than last mat leave though so need to stay positive. We have money in savings iniust really don't want to use it. We shall see...

Still no word from payrol re the extra pay :0(. Hoping that they need to sort it by the end of tax year and they will send it out soon. That's if I'm due anything.

Dp's day off today he need to pop to the doctors for blood tests then we were meant to be sorting the garden but it's rained all night. Ds's easter fair at school tonight so that'll be my purse money gone but should be a nice little trip out for DS1 who is always hype after dinner so wish me luck! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts