Options
13»

Comments

• d0nna
    d0nna Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    joe10190 wrote: »
    Thanks dOnna for the reply and the links. I will check them out. I am using a 4.5 Tog quilt I have just bought a "coolmax memory foam mattress protector" as the reviews suggested it helps with the overheating of foam mattresses. I will experiment with it over the next few weeks and see how i go. I have also dug out my spare quilt cover/pillowcases which is 100 % Egyptian cotton though i am not sure of the thread count. I may need to experiment with the other links and with my already exising duvets, even though they are made from synthetic materials. I cannot afford to try all the options but i do have my old slatted bed base ( it is a king size and the current mattress is only a double. I only paid £ 50 for a Silentnight Sudio Firmer mattress that is virtually new and that retails at over £ 400) that i will also dig out and try out again.
    Are you using your 4.5 Tog or the 9.0 Tog at the moment?
    thanks
    darrell

You're welcome. It seems like you have quite a few options that you can try out so hopefully you'll find one that works for you. I've read that Egyptian cotton is supposed to be more breathable than standard cotton so I would definitely give that a go. Since purchasing the duvet I've been using the 9.0 tog and I'm even thinking of putting the other one with it soon as well to make it 13.5 tog, I think that may make it too warm for it right now but I'm starting to feel a bit cold some nights. The 4.5 tog would be way too cold for me right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure