cancel lovefilm

Options

Comments

• bambinaUK
    bambinaUK Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    You don't have to ring up, you can cancel online as I have just done exactly that.
    I cancelled all the DVD's in my waiting list and have just got back from popping the last ones in the Post Box to return them.
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bambinaUK wrote: »
    You don't have to ring up, you can cancel online as I have just done exactly that.
    I cancelled all the DVD's in my waiting list and have just got back from popping the last ones in the Post Box to return them.

I've also cancelled online with no problems. It seems that you can only complete your cancellation online if their Customer Services Call Centre is closed though, so it does depend on when you do it. I cancelled at about 6am and I've heard of others here cancelling late at night, after about 10pm, so I'm guessing that as long as you do it very late night/early morning you should be able to cancel fully via their website without being told to ring them. BambinaUK if you've just done it online now (during the day) then it's probably an Easter holiday shutdown at their Call Centre.

I had no problems with Lovefilm and only cancelled because I couldn't afford it. I didn't come across any problems with missing discs though - everything went smoothly - couldn't fault them. When I wanted to cancel I just made sure that I sent the last disc back in plenty of time (with a (free) proof of posting), and deleted my waiting list including any reserved items. Easy peasy!
  • kimmy112
    kimmy112 Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    could somebody please post a link to cancel out of hours i cant find it on the site? :(
    MAY FREEBIESFree Jar of Sharwoods Sauce.£10 Argos gift card. Picture Hanging Strips. Fairy WUL. Live Mealworms. Hipp Preggy bits. Perfume. Lipton Tea x3. Pack of snack a jacks. Genome fridge magnets. Fuel Rights Book.
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's on the options on your account down the left-hand side - when the call centre is open it just takes you to the phone number but when it is closed it links to the online option. I just called them up though, only took a few minutes.
  • kimmy112
    Options
    podperson wrote: »
    It's on the options on your account down the left-hand side - when the call centre is open it just takes you to the phone number but when it is closed it links to the online option. I just called them up though, only took a few minutes.
    thank you i'll take a look. i need to wait until they have the dvd ive sent back first tho
    MAY FREEBIESFree Jar of Sharwoods Sauce.£10 Argos gift card. Picture Hanging Strips. Fairy WUL. Live Mealworms. Hipp Preggy bits. Perfume. Lipton Tea x3. Pack of snack a jacks. Genome fridge magnets. Fuel Rights Book.
  • Crazyangel
    Crazyangel Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    Is there a limit to the number of free trials you can do per person/household? I did a trial about 2 years ago, and wondering if I could do another?

Wins : McCains garden games set, 2xTickets to Alton Towers, Links of London friendship bracelet, 2xIdeal Home Show tickets, McFly album CD, Virgin Balloon flight for 2 with a case of ScrumpyJack cider and 2 ltd edition jackets, Powerboat racing experience, £50 Virgin voucher, Aerobie Pro flying ring & Rice Krispie squares, Tesco baby pack
    :j
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Crazy I'm not sure but I have done 2 in my time . I signed up after the second.. the first one was from Sainsburys mag and also gave me a free cd of choice (I picked pans labyrinth) and a bottle of red wine
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • kimmy112
    Options
    steved74 wrote: »
    I had trouble cancelling my lovefilm trial and ended up getting charged. Oh well!
    i dropped mine to the £5 one. just in case i got charged
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    always always call and confirm even if you do it online and make sure you do with 5 days or so before billing date. take the customer services persons name too
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Crazyangel
    Crazyangel Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    Cor blimey they are quick to send the next DVD!!!
    Just to confirm - can you cancel the trial whilst you still have a disc? I am trying to cancel online although it looks like they have posted my 3rd disc this afternoon (must have been as soon as the one I returned dropped onto their mat!). I can't see a link to cancel - it takes me to the telephone numbers, and so I'm wondering if this is because I still have a disc or whether it's because it's not late enough in the evening yet..........

Wins : McCains garden games set, 2xTickets to Alton Towers, Links of London friendship bracelet, 2xIdeal Home Show tickets, McFly album CD, Virgin Balloon flight for 2 with a case of ScrumpyJack cider and 2 ltd edition jackets, Powerboat racing experience, £50 Virgin voucher, Aerobie Pro flying ring & Rice Krispie squares, Tesco baby pack
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport