Win 7 Home Premium Repair Disk ISO

Options
GunJack
GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
Been looking round for one, bit of a minefield out there :(

Does anyone have the ISOs for 32- and 64-bit versons of the above?

TIA :)
......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can still download them from the Microsoft website - Do you have a product key?
  • AGBrown
    AGBrown Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you need a repair disk to boot into and use the system repair thingies, or a cd to do a full (re)install?

If you just need a repair disk you might be able to use the windows 10 iso to boot into the system repair tools. I've used this for windows 7 and 8.1 to do some repair tasks when I needed to (e.g. resetting a forgotten local user account password). You don't need a product key to download the iso, and using it as the repair tools won't lead to installation of Win 10 or any of its components into your existing Win 7 installation. You need to download the media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 and then follow the instructions on that page to create installation media.

If you need the installation iso for windows 7 you can get them from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7 (disclaimer - I haven't tried to download from that link for a while), but you will need a product key (and I don't think it can be a VLK). This shouldn't be an issue as you won't be able to install it without a valid product key anyway.
  • GunJack
    Options
    I only need the repair ISO, not a full installation disk...typically I have all the ones OTHER THAN THE VERSION I NEED FOR THIS MACHINE :mad:

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    Been looking round for one, bit of a minefield out there :(

Does anyone have the ISOs for 32- and 64-bit versons of the above?

TIA :)

You don't need a Home Premium repair image. Any Windows 7 repair image will do.
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Yep ^^^^^ Works
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    WAYT wrote: »
    Any Windows 7 repair image will do.
    "Up to a point, Lord Copper" - surely you need an ISO of the correct bittedness?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What do you need to repair?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    John_Gray wrote: »
    "Up to a point, Lord Copper" - surely you need an ISO of the correct bittedness?

He has both.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17423/windows-7-create-system-repair-disc
  • GunJack
    Options
    ...and here's the rub - every repair disk I have was burned from Pro or Ultimate, and every one of these has been rejected once booted from and the process started. Hence as a last resort wanted to try one burned from HP, just to check if there was a bigger error or something else going on :(

Looks like I'm heading for a full re-install with this one.....it's probably Sony's fault (it's a Vaio :( )

• debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Surely if you have a 7 image install disk then you can repair from that ??? What is the exact problem GJ:beer:
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure