Mortgage payment difficulty advice

Options

Comments

• incogni2
    Options
    In this economic climate the chances of you earning more or getting the next big contract are going down.....

I'm sorry, can you clarify, please. Do you mean the chances of me earning more than 0, or more than what?

Also, the "next big contract" doesn't have to be big (small would do very nicely).
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    incogni2 wrote: »
    It is in this thread somewhere but quite difficult to find. I spend £35 (approximately), it is an 18-month contract. I don't know if I can legitimately 'break' that contract somehow but I'll look into it (it probably ends in April/May).

My wife has a Pay as you Go mobile. I don't know, at this moment, how much she spends on top ups. Not that much, since I think she only really uses it to text/call me to let me know that the train will be late or whatever.

I am suprised anyone is paying full price for a mobile phone contract these days, up untill very recently free contracts with 100's of min and text have been available with cash backs.

Saving money is not always about not spending it is about getting things cheaper so the money goes further.

perhaps some of the free time woud benifit from a look at www.hotukdeals.com

Reducing/paying less for debt is a form of saving, if you think the replies are biased by the site another good site for financial education is www.fool.co.uk the forums there are more biased to makng money it has a good debt board with less agressive posters also a couple for business repated that may be of some use.

Anyway do you have a plan yet?
  • incogni2
    Options
    I am suprised anyone is paying full price for a mobile phone contract these days, up untill very recently free contracts with 100's of min and text have been available with cash backs.

Well, I got it in November 2007 when my finances were significantly more stable.

Thank you for the link, I will check it out.
  • incogni2
    incogni2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I thought that I should, as a result of many vociferous comments, investigate the idea of getting rid of Sky (just in case, I've paid for February now, but if I don't find work in the next 3 weeks).

I've been messing around with an internal antenna (which I bought ages ago but I believe it to be of good quality) and can't get any reception whatsoever. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could go Freesat but I'd have to buy/acquire a box. (This is, at least, a money saving question.)
  • wisbech_lad
    Options
    Heh, most of this thread could be summed up by Mr Dickens

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." - David Copperfield.
  • beecher
    beecher Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    I thought that I should, as a result of many vociferous comments, investigate the idea of getting rid of Sky (just in case, I've paid for February now, but if I don't find work in the next 3 weeks).

I've been messing around with an internal antenna (which I bought ages ago but I believe it to be of good quality) and can't get any reception whatsoever. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could go Freesat but I'd have to buy/acquire a box. (This is, at least, a money saving question.)

If you get rid of Sky you'll still be able to view the free channels through the box. No need for internal antenna or buying a new box or anything.

Have you had HD for 12 months? There was talk of there being a 12 month contract, though it wasn't made clear to existing customers so I'm not sure if you can get out of it.

I still think you should post a Statement of Affairs on DFW - get a new username if you'd rather people from this thread didn't see it.
  • incogni2
    Options
    beecher wrote: »
    If you get rid of Sky you'll still be able to view the free channels through the box. No need for internal antenna or buying a new box or anything.

Ah, good point, thanks.
    Have you had HD for 12 months? There was talk of there being a 12 month contract, though it wasn't made clear to existing customers so I'm not sure if you can get out of it.

No, about 8 months. I'll dig out the documentation.
  • incogni2
    Options
    Yep. 12 month minimum contract dated 13/6/2008.
  • fozziebear40
    Options
    Yep. 12 month minimum contract dated 13/6/2008.

If you had Sky previously you may only be in contract for the HD bit ... £10 / month

I bet you have an iPhone ;)
  • incogni2
    Options
    If you had Sky previously you may only be in contract for the HD bit ... £10 / month

Unfortunately we didn't have Sky previously. In our previous accommodation we had cable. When we moved, there is no cable provision here and no roof aerial so we went with a dish.
    I bet you have an iPhone ;)

I'm afraid so! (Working at the time.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family