Connect your console to your router without a wire?

Options
Are there any device available on the market that can allow you to connect your Ps4/Xbox/PC to the router without using a wire? I know most of you will say wireless wifi but online game will not be as good. So I'm looking for something like wireless LAN. Hope that make sense because I don't know what they're called!

Comments

• SuperPikachu
    Options
    You could try a Wireless extender if it says it is compatible with the devices you want to use it on - TP Link makes them (sold on amazon/argos etc) and probably other brands too
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Amazin wrote: »
    I know most of you will say wireless wifi but online game will not be as good. So I'm looking for something like wireless LAN.

You say WIFI, I say wireless LAN?

Just be sure to use the 5ghz wifi/wlan and you should be fine. On a console anyway.
  • Carrot007
    Options
    You could try a Wireless extender if it says it is compatible with the devices you want to use it on - TP Link makes them (sold on amazon/argos etc) and probably other brands too

Multiple wifi hops is not going to help the ping!

So addition to my 5ghz point, be near the main router.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Amazin wrote: »
    Are there any device available on the market that can allow you to connect your Ps4/Xbox/PC to the router without using a wire? I know most of you will say wireless wifi but online game will not be as good. So I'm looking for something like wireless LAN. Hope that make sense because I don't know what they're called!

Homeplugs or powerline adapters.
  • jbkmum
    jbkmum Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    My Xbox is connected wirelessly, its faster than when its hooked up by ethernet!
    £5000 left to pay on credit cards, down from 40k!!
  • Carrot007
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Homeplugs or powerline adapters.

Potato, potato again? And obviously that uses a wire techincally. (You do need wires for your electric!)
  • Carrot007
    Options
    jbkmum wrote: »
    My Xbox is connected wirelessly, its faster than when its hooked up by ethernet!

No it is not, but 5ghz wifi is fine for a console.
  • jbkmum
    Options
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    No it is not, but 5ghz wifi is fine for a console.

It is. I'm not saying this is the same for everyone else, but my router is a plonka and for some damn reason both my PC and Xbox run slower via ethernet than wirelessly.

I've tried many many things and had to go back to wireless just to get everything to work.
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jbkmum wrote: »
    It is. I'm not saying this is the same for everyone else, but my router is a plonka and for some damn reason both my PC and Xbox run slower via ethernet than wirelessly.

I've tried many many things and had to go back to wireless just to get everything to work.

Have you got anything in between the router and the pc/console? this makes no sense at all without some sort of duplex issue.
  • jbkmum
    Options
    Xbox is next to the router, pc Is a floor above it but also used to be next to it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback