Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• redhammer
    redhammer Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Had a DD last month which was due to go out at end of month, but due to holidays etc didn't go till April, but still got March interest, so must work back
  • koenig
    koenig Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone had any PO online saver accounts closed or DD's cancelled?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    koenig wrote: »
    Has anyone had any PO online saver accounts closed or DD's cancelled?

All mine seem to be working OK... (touching wood)
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Roseanne1 wrote: »

M&S just says you need two active DDs to get the monthly saver so I assume two pulling money into the same savings account in one calendar month would do?

:rotfl:

M&S just needs 2 x active DDs- which could be annual ones- they don't need to be monthly.The DDs need to be coming out of your current a/c not pulling money in- unless I am misreading something here!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Mitzberg
    Options
    Mitzberg wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah, by reading the T&Cs I figured it didn't need to be from different mandates, but I wouldn't be surprised either if they were just being vague and 3 paypal DDs wouldn't work in the end... I'm still waiting on mt Tesco account to be open and then I'll try and see what works. I shall be able to come back here and confirm my findings in a month's time.

In case there was any doubt, I can now confirm that 3 Paypal DD's work perfectly well with Tesco Bank.
    So now I am running 2 Tesco Bank Current Accounts and feeding 6 DD's out of one single Paypal account.
    Sweet times.
  • Roseanne1
    Roseanne1 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Well my Scottish Widows accounts are open and I see my nominated account but only see the option to view it rather than change it. Can this be done online or do I need to send them a paper form?
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2018 at 9:37PM
    Options
    You need to send a paper form, a new dd mandate and a recent bank statement from the new linked account. It's easy enough to find the forms on their website but if you ask them via online messaging to send the forms they will post them with a reply paid envelope.
  • Roseanne1
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    M&S just needs 2 x active DDs- which could be annual ones- they don't need to be monthly.The DDs need to be coming out of your current a/c not pulling money in- unless I am misreading something here!

Sorry Katie, I never saw your post from yesterday before I asked my latest query. :rotfl: Thanks for the info. :) I always just assumed they had to come out every month. When I referred to "pulling money in", I was talking about savings account I have, which accept transfers in by DDs from current account, I use these to meet the DD requirements in the T&C for regular savers, interest etc. :) Thanks again for the information. :)
  • Roseanne1
    edited 27 April 2018 at 10:31PM
    Options
    Badger50 wrote: »
    You need to send a paper form, a new dd mandate and a recent bank statement from the new linked account. It's easy enough to find the forms on their website but if you ask them via online messaging to send the forms they will post them with a reply paid envelope.

Thanks. :) I could only see the DD mandate form on their site but I think I'll ask them for the forms to get a reply paid envelope as I grudge paying for stamps. :rotfl:

I thought it would be easier to just link it with my main current account as that is the only one I had a cheque book for and I was paying the depoit by cheque and then I could change the account online like you can with the PO. Oh well every day's a school day. :rotfl:

Thanks again. :D

Edit: Found the other form. :j
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ah ha- then all is revealed!
    It was the confusion (in my mind) of the DDs- which are requirements for the current account, and the regular saver which is attached to the M&S current account and earns a decent rate of interest.
    All this hassle- thank you Mr T!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback